Cannot Renew after Purchasing from Staples - says that the code is for new subscription only

Hi all, I cannot renew my subscription with the activation code purchased from Staples. It says that the code is for new subscription only, but I paid full price for the download-version of the software from Staples. It has already passed the 30-day return period. What can I do? Thank you!

Answers

• sun_jialin
    sun_jialin Member
    The error message I got after I entered the activation code from Staples is "The product you purchased is for New Subscribers only, and you are an existing subscriber. You can request a refund for this product by going here. In your Quicken software, go to the help menu and select My Quicken Account to review your renewal options."
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Either wait until your current subscription has expired 30 days, then you are considered to be "new" or use a different Quicken Id to register the "new user" version when your current expires so that you don't lose any of your current subscription.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • sun_jialin
    sun_jialin Member
    That is quite painful not to be able to use the software for 30 days. If I change a different Quicken ID, will I lose all the financial data?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    No, the data is in the data file, not the program.  Using a different Quicken Id will cause the data in the Quicken Cloud Account (QCA) to be regenerated/created new, but that is the data you see if you are using QMobile or Quicken Web.
    So, if you are using either of those, make sure that you have synced the data between the QCA and the desktop and vice versa before changing to the different QID.
    You will need to go thru Edit->Preferences->Quicken Id to change the QID being used with the data file.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list