Why is a quicken ID needed to use the quicken on my desktop? I bought this program years ago.

Why do I need to sign-on to software I purchased?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sign-in is required so Quicken can check whether your subscription is current.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The last version that didn't require a Quicken ID/login is Quicken 2013.
    What version of Quicken are you using?
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 11
    As mentioned....
    what version are you using - as previous versions "sunset" after 3 years, and online services are then terminated.
    what is displayed for Expiration date as your profile says "Quicken Windows Other"
    ... Quicken Subscription (2021,20,19,18) --> Q 2017 --> Q 2016 --> Q other
    ... Help --> About Quicken

Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • RBDeSpain
    RBDeSpain Member
    There is no year listed. It looks as though it is a subscription. The subscription is expiring in 2022. Version R33.24 Build 27.1.33.24 It now also says Powered by Wells Fargo when I sign on. Is there a way to remove the reference to Wells Fargo?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    RBDeSpain said:
    There is no year listed. It looks as though it is a subscription. The subscription is expiring in 2022. Version R33.24 Build 27.1.33.24 It now also says Powered by Wells Fargo when I sign on. Is there a way to remove the reference to Wells Fargo?
    Quicken loads the Splash identified in the QUICKEN.INI file located in the hidden \ProgramData\Quicken\Config folder.  The trick is replace the Splash file in the Splash file's folder with your own Splash file.