"Hide the account in transaction entry lists" box is checked and greyed out

How do I get this to be unchecked

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Is the account closed?
    If so there isn't any way to deselect it.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this an active account, or one that you have closed in Quicken?

You cannot enter new transactions in a closed account, so that option is selected and greyed out for closed accounts.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    You cannot enter new transactions in a closed account, so that option is selected and greyed out for closed accounts.
    Actually you can enter new transactions into a closed account (which might be considered a bug).
    You can't set it up for downloading transactions, but there isn't anything that stops you from entering transactions.

And note even the fact that an account is "hidden" in most account lists you can select to show the hidden account and include it in reports and such.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For reference, to work with "show / hide" options in all accounts, use the Manage Hidden Accounts view available under the Tools Menu.
  • tonyf
    tonyf Member
    Thank you all for the quick help. FYI. Account was never closed. Deleted it and created a new one since only one previous entry. Was greyed out again. Ended deactivating this new account to uncheck this box. Not sure why default was greyed out. This was for a mortgage. Have created numerous mortgage accounts prior without any issue, especially with the many refi's recently done in the past 2 years.
  • tonyf
    tonyf Member
    one last thing as I forgot. Couldn't reactivate account after unchecking box. Can live without it since loan details entered cover all the payments along with principal and interest entries. Not sure of this cause but ok with it still