Registration page - "can't reach this page" error

I have used Quicken for decades now, over many versions and computers. This last time I reinstalled when it asks me to register I get two errors. One a webpage that comes up (where you would register) with a "can't reach this page" error. Secondly, a window pops up over it with a message from bank name but all it has in the body is a number 11375.

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Since you mentioned installing Quicken 2016 (US version, I assume) ...
    After installing from the original CD or download file you need to download and install the latest available bug fix / patch file for 2016, Release 19.5 Mondo, available here:
    Without this patch you won't get past any registration attempts.
    [For Q 2011 I could have given you a simple fix to bypass registration, too]

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @lisakmusco,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, in order for us to better understand and assist; could you please provide screenshots of the error messages/codes you are receiving?

If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • lisakmusco
    lisakmusco Member ✭✭
    This was happening with version 2011. I could always just close the registration box and continue with my work since I wasn't trying to download anything. Then the second window started popping up with the bank error message. Again I could bypass it. I can't include any screenshots as I have recently acquired a copy of 2016 deluxe.
    However, I am encountering a similar situation with it. The error message is only slightly different. Now it says "an unknown error occurred. Please try to connect later". As I am not sure of my quicken id I tried the forgot ID and forgot password links and this is what I get: It looks like the webpage at https://quicken.intuit.com/forgotusername might be having issues, or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. Similar for both just slight difference in the address.
    Creating a new quicken ID responds with: Something went wrong! We weren't able to sign you up. Please check your internet connection. If everything looks ok, then the problem may be on our end. We'll get it resolved asap!
    Only now I can no longer bypass it and continue with my work. I will add the screenshots later in addition to writing out the error messages here.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Since you mentioned installing Quicken 2016 (US version, I assume) ...
    After installing from the original CD or download file you need to download and install the latest available bug fix / patch file for 2016, Release 19.5 Mondo, available here:
    Without this patch you won't get past any registration attempts.
    [For Q 2011 I could have given you a simple fix to bypass registration, too]

• lisakmusco
    lisakmusco Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > Since you mentioned installing Quicken 2016 (US version, I assume) ...
    > After installing from the original CD or download file you need to download and install the latest available bug fix / patch file for 2016, Release 19.5 Mondo, available here:
    >
    >
    > US version: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-2016-patches.html
    > Without this patch you won't get past any registration attempts.[For Q 2011 I could have given you a simple fix to bypass registration, too]
    >  

Thank you so much! That worked! Back in business, yay!