Why is "update now" button greyed out on my bank accounts

Unable to update 6 accounts at my bank (all using the same login.). I can log into the bank using the same login info, but Quicken will let me update any of these.

Answers

• JerryL
    JerryL Member
    CORRECTION: Quicken will NOT let me update. I have reset the accounts. I have deactivated and reactivated. Still not able to update. I am using the Direct Connect. Their is not an option appearing to use Express
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Moderator mod
    edited July 16
    Hello @JerryL

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having difficulties updating your accounts. To better assist you I need more information. For instance, are you getting any error codes/messages? What instance are you using? What is your financial institution? What version of Quicken are you using? 

I would also recommend checking that the account is not hidden or kept separate. To do this select Tools >Manage Hidden Accounts. 

To check the version select Help >About Quicken. 

Once more information is obtained we can move forward with diagnosing the issue. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • JerryL
    JerryL Member
    I am running Quicken R34.20 (Subscription) on Parallels 15.1.5 on Windows 8.1 on a MacBook. I have used this basic configuration for well over 10 years. The bank is FirstBank of Colorado. It is on Direct Connect. I have no way of selecting Express Web Connect. I have spent much time on the phone with Quicken support, even allowing screen access to try a number of possible fixes. None of this banks accounts are hidden. There are no error messages now because previous update requests have blocked Quicken from even connecting with the bank.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Moderator mod
    Hello @JerryL

Thank you for your response. I would recommend attempting to deactivate/reactivate your account(s). For instructions click here. Please attempt this troubleshooting. Let us know if you are getting any errors or any difficulties finding the account(s). 

-Quicken Paloma