Routine One Step Update Deleted Two Bank Accounts (same bank)

Long time Quicken user, almost two decades. All data from one bank account deleted except several transactions from 1992-1994 and the last 3 months. Unable to download missing years. Second bank account also deleted but was able to recover all data. What happened and how to fix? Windows 10. Version R34.20. Build 27.1.34.20.

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    "Missing almost 20 years data from the one account. "
    But the question was if the balance in the Account is more or less correct, i.e., not missing 20 years of data?  I've seen instances when transactions appeared to be missing, but the Account balance was the correct current balance.  The current balance of the Account is calculated, as far as I know, so if the balance is correct then the transactions are still in the file, just not showing up for some reason.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    See if clicking the RESET button that's just above your account register helps.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Jerry Rays
    Jerry Rays Member ✭✭
    Thanks but didn't work.
  • Tom Young
    You've shut down Quicken and re-booted your computer?
    Is the Account balance for the first Account you mentioned showing a correct balance, i.e., something fairly close to what the bank shows, or is it correct for the transactions that you can actually see in the register?
  • Jerry Rays
    Jerry Rays Member ✭✭
    No change. Account that I was able to retrieve data from OK. I do not understand this. Tried "fix" button and told no account found. No problems when I log on to bank accounts outside Quicken. Missing almost 20 years data from the one account.
  • Tom Young
    Accepted Answer
    "Missing almost 20 years data from the one account. "
    But the question was if the balance in the Account is more or less correct, i.e., not missing 20 years of data?  I've seen instances when transactions appeared to be missing, but the Account balance was the correct current balance.  The current balance of the Account is calculated, as far as I know, so if the balance is correct then the transactions are still in the file, just not showing up for some reason.
  • Jerry Rays
    Jerry Rays Member ✭✭
    Yes, balance correct. When I logged in today, all data returned. Can anyone explain this? How can I keep this from happening in the future? Very strange.
  • Tom Young
    I've seen what you've described associated with other updates.  "It" happens.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This discussion is categorized as being about the Quicken on the Web app.
    Yet you also mention the Quicken for Windows desktop program, R 34.20
    Which of the two are you looking at when you say you detect missing data?
    And is the synced data file on the web really in sync with your desktop data file or might a "Reset Sync" be advisable to update the server file?
    Are all accounts selected to sync from the desktop or did something go haywire with the account selection?
    AFAIK, the Quicken on the Web app does not contain all the transactions of your desktop data file, but only a subset.