R34.24 upgrade - Failed because file is "being used by another process"

58kopykat
58kopykat Member ✭✭
New update same problem. This happens every time! I thought R34.20 was supposed to fix this issue. I use Trend Micro anti-virus. I get the pop-up window to allow access for update. It extracts files. Then NADA. Mondo patch works. Maybe the auto-update needs to be ditched.

Answers

• jerrymu
    jerrymu Member
    I cannot install update 33.24, keep getting error that file is in use
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Moderator mod
    Hello @jerrymu

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. We are aware of this, it is an ongoing alert. I would recommend downloading and implement the Mondo Patch. For instruction on this click here. I apologize for the inconvenience. 

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • mastrada
    mastrada Member
    I get the following message when trying to update a version of Quicken, The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\patch\quickenPatch\w5512\base\RPMMigration\MigrationTool.exe' because it is being used by another process.
  • Michael Petrey
    Michael Petrey Member ✭✭
    edited July 21
    I am working on Quicken for Window R33.24. Downloaded update R34.24 and receiving error “The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\patch\quickenPatch\w1381\base\RPMMigration\MigrationTool.exe' because it is being used by another process.”
    Rebooted and tried again. Still getting the same error message.
  • Daddyspalace
    Daddyspalace Member
    I have the same issue. Is there a mondo fix for this?
  • Daddyspalace
    Daddyspalace Member
    I had the same issue with the last update and the mondo corrected it.
  • Stephno5
    Stephno5 Member
    Problem installing the latest update to Quicken:
    The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\patch\quickenPatch\w1663\base\RPMMigration\MigrationTool.exe' because it is being used by another process.

When I try to install the Mondo Patch, with Quicken Open or with Quicken closed, I get this message:
    "An error occurred.
    Unable to check for updates, the server file failed to load.
    Could not parse the URL "everywhere\AppData\Local\Temp\IXP000.TMP\current/wyserver.wys" - it's either malformed or is an unknown protocol."