Quicken screen is stuck on "Performing final conversion steps" when I try to open a file. HELP!

I've been unable to open any of my backups successfully. Please help! I've restarted my PC, Quicken, uninstall/install again, and tried accessing the backups from different PCs.

Please help!

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reporting this message and behavior to the community.  Our teams have been investigating this issue and have traced the root cause to the saved reports.

If you are still receiving this message, we recommend reverting to the prior version (R34.16), available here.

With R34.16 installed, open your data file and navigate to the saved reports (Reports > My Saved Graphs & Reports) and remove any older, no longer used, etc., saved reports listed.

With the saved reports deleted, then reinstall the R34.24 release.  Your data file should now open without the message and hang for "performing final conversion" steps, but please let us know how it goes and if you do continue to experience an issue.

Thank you,

Sarah

Answers

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Run a file validation.
  • When I try to run a file validation on any of my backups, it still says "Performing final conversion steps" and the loading bar doesn't move.
  • Also, this only happened after my Quicken updated to the latest version. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    Also, this only happened after my Quicken updated to the latest version...
    just to clarify .... what version ... Help --> About Quicken

QWin Deluxe Subscription - Win10
  • > @Ps56k2 said:
    > just to clarify .... what version ... Help --> About Quicken

R34.24 (27.1.34.24)
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Arriola Firm Guam

Thank you for the additional information. I'm wondering here if we might need to try installing the mondo patch to see if the program is able to open files properly again. I'll leave an article down below on how to do so down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

Once you've installed the mondo patch see if you're able to get your file working properly.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    There may be a small subset of files that react poorly to the recent updates.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20193323/#Comment_20193323
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for reporting this message and behavior to the community.  Our teams have been investigating this issue and have traced the root cause to the saved reports.

If you are still receiving this message, we recommend reverting to the prior version (R34.16), available here.

With R34.16 installed, open your data file and navigate to the saved reports (Reports > My Saved Graphs & Reports) and remove any older, no longer used, etc., saved reports listed.

With the saved reports deleted, then reinstall the R34.24 release.  Your data file should now open without the message and hang for "performing final conversion" steps, but please let us know how it goes and if you do continue to experience an issue.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    [removed - unhelpful/disruptive]
    QWin Deluxe Subscription - Win10
This discussion has been closed.