R34.24 Version Crashes when trying to Update

jhansen
jhansen Member ✭✭
Get the attached error immediately after the new update self-installed (and no way to revert). If I try to go to Preferences>Mobile & Web or Quicken ID the program crashes. If I try to update a single account the program crashes. If I try to run One Step Update the program crashes. If I uninstall & reinstall the program crashes with the exact same places. Assuming this is my file, but it worked prior to the latest download. Granted my file is old (data since 1993), but it was working, now it's not. Tried Supervalidate several times, no fixy. Any thoughts?
Quicken Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10 Pro - user since 1993

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @jhansen,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?
    • Help > About Quicken

Also, when the program crashes, do you happen to receive a BugSplat report screen? And if so, have you already submitted a BugSplat report to us? If you haven't already, we ask that you please go ahead and do so on the next crash.

Please check back and let us know! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭
    I have submitted multiple error reports.
  • jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭
    Quicken R34.24, Build 27.1.34.24
  • JLCARR01
    JLCARR01 Member
    I'm having the same problem. Also Quicken R34.24, Build 27.1.34.24
  • JLCARR01
    JLCARR01 Member
    Actually might not be the exact error. When trying to open my file (transactions also go back to the 1990s), I see "Performing final conversion steps...", then "Quicken Crash Report"
  • JLCARR01
    JLCARR01 Member
    I get the same error if I attempt to validate the file
  • jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello @jhansen,
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > First, could you please provide which version release of Quicken you have currently running?* Help > About Quicken
    >
    > Also, when the program crashes, do you happen to receive a BugSplat report screen? And if so, have you already submitted a BugSplat report to us? If you haven't already, we ask that you please go ahead and do so on the next crash.
    >
    > Please check back and let us know! Thank you.

Anja, after working with Quicken Support we concluded it was my old corrupt file, just wouldn't make it through any more program mods. Thus, we did a clean install, exported QIF and imported into a new file. OSU worked, just got to clean up the accounts and get the investment transactions fixed up... AFter 28 yrs my file needed new life....
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jhansen said:   Granted my file is old (data since 1993), but it was working, now it's not.
    Tried Supervalidate several times...
    So, in all the years, you didn't run a ... File --> Validate - every so often to ensure things were ok ?
    And now - Support conclusion is a "corrupt file" -
    Did you try working back thru any Backups you have ?

QWin Deluxe Subscription - Win10
  • jhansen
    jhansen Member ✭✭
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > So, in all the years, you didn't run a ... File --> Validate - every so often to ensure things were ok ?And now - Support conclusion is a "corrupt file" -
    > Did you try working back thru any Backups you have ?

I have run many, many, many, many, many, many validate & supervalidate, none of which fixed some of the errors which occurred 14 years ago, etc, etc. However, I could never go back in my backup long enough to get to a clean version... Probably would have been better to export to QIF 10 yrs ago, but I didn't. I'm guessing there's a few others with same kinda storry that started in the 90's.
  • I am also having this issue. Unable to open any of my backups successfully... been a customer since the 90s. Screen is stuck on "Performing final conversion steps"; when I try to validate, it gives the same message. I'd hate to lose all our financial records that date back to the 90s because of the update. I never had this issue until my Quicken updated to the R34.24 Version (27.1.34.24)
  • esd3104
    esd3104 Member ✭✭
    I had the same issue. Support didn't even try and fix it just had be roll back to a previous version. Works again on an earlier version.
  • esd3104
    esd3104 Member ✭✭
    This page has previous version https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has
This discussion has been closed.