Can't select access code destination - Wells Fargo Express Web Connect

I'm a long time user with existing accounts at Quicken and Wells Fargo. The new EWC login has dual requirements at the same time. There is not a drop-down to chose where to receive the access code and the only way to click "ok" is to also enter the code. Cannot do both at the same time to get account download. Cannot find where the steps are explained to resolve the need to both at the time or tell it where to send the code. Quite frustrating. Please advise how to resolve. Thanks.

Answers

• Tracy9665
    Tracy9665 Member
    here is the image I cannot go beyond
  • Tracy9665
    Tracy9665 Member
    without both answers - here is the error message
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Tracy9665

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I do apologize in the issue you're having. That is odd I'm wondering where exactly the issue is. I believe in this case it might help trying to see on a test file if we have a similar issue. This will give us a better idea of where exactly the issue is. I'll leave steps down below and you can find it on the third step on the article.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you get the chance let us know what you're able to find out. From there we'll see what we're able to do next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Tracy9665
    Tracy9665 Member
    Hello - apologies for the delayed response - I tried the test file as suggested. I get the same inability to login - there is no drop down to select where to send the access code - see attached image.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Tracy9665

Thanks for the update. I'm wondering if we might need to try adding another contact method on the Wells Fargo website. I'm not sure if that will give us the proper dropdown and menu but it's worth the attempt.

It might take 24 hours after the changes to update so I would give it some time afterwards to see if it does. Let us know once you get the chance to check!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • Tracy9665
    Tracy9665 Member
    Hello again - two comments - first - I found in my vault where my login ID was not correct - it had been changed during an attempt to re-fi the house. I could not figure out how to update it in my vault, so I just deleted the account and started new. Second - Wells Fargo does not support Quicken - for the past 2 years - according to the snippy "IT-Banker-Rep." Her advise - if I want the data in Quicken, I must manually enter it. She also gave me a phone number 650-250-1900 to call Quicken to lodge a complaint or request assistance.

None of this makes sense. I have been updating my WF data in Quicken until the ID name change. To add new - there is a beautiful WF logo to set up an account and there are two options to download data - and finally - WF owns/sponsors Quicken. Makes sense to me the two companies would interface nicely.

I can only post one image at a time - I shall post and then add the second image
  • Tracy9665
    Tracy9665 Member
    Here are the two options for downloading data
  • Tracy9665
    Tracy9665 Member
    here is the error message to contact WF
  • Quicken Francisco
    @Tracy9665

Thanks for the update. That is interesting. Wells Fargo does support Quicken downloads as well so the person advising you might not have known. That being said with the error you keep getting I would see about signing into the Wells Fargo website and seeing if there may be a third party application message in your Wells Fargo message center. That's a good place to start from the error you're receiving. 

Once you get the chance to check the website please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco