Capital One 360 keeps asking me to authorize account

Windows 10 system, Quicken Deluxe current version. Just updated before this session.

Every week the past month or two, Quicken claims it needs to reauthorize my accounts at Capital One 360 Bank. I do it, and it works for that week. Next week, same message. These are Express Web Connect + accounts.

Also, today I did the reauthorization but it still said there was no transactions the past week. I had to go to website as it would not download last week of transactions using the Quicken connection.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Moderator mod
    Hello @Jeffrey Wilens, 

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. I would recommend deactivating the account(s) and re-linking them. 

For instructions on deactivating an account please click here

Also, could you let us know if you get any error codes/messages? Please attempt the troubleshooting steps above and let us know how it goes. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Jeffrey Wilens
    Jeffrey Wilens Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks, this just made it worse. I have a few accounts at the same bank. I deactivated account 1 and tried to reactivate it but got error CC-501 "unable to connect with Quicken servers at this time."

Interestingly, deactivating account 1 did not deactivate account 2 even though shares the same login credentials. Moreover, account 2 still shows as connected with express web connect+.

I went to Capital One 360 bank website and downloaded transactions for account 1. Now it shows as connected via "Web Connect" and advises the financial institution supports an improved connection method. I selected to "find out more" and was transported to the authorization screen. But the authorization failed again with same error CC-501.

I wonder if anyone has reliably got Capital One 360 accounts to download using express web connect+ without constantly asking to reauthorize.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R36.45  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19044.1348
                       Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit Build 22000.318
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19044.1348

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• Jeffrey Wilens
    Yeah, I have known about that for months and did that months ago, but Quicken still keeps asking me to reauthorize the Capital One 360 accounts.
  • thecreator-b
    thecreator-b Windows Beta Beta
    Hi @""Jeffrey Wilens" ,

Did you read this in that link? "For your security, Capital One may periodically request that you reauthorize your accounts in Quicken by signing in again. This may happen every 90 days or so.  "

Try turning off access, and then exit the website. Close and re-open the browser. Sign back in and reauthorize the accounts. Sign out. Restart the operating system. Deactivate the Registers involved and set up Now, again.

Please remember that when you download the file from Capital One and import the file, it changes the protocol and to restore Express Web Connect, you need to Deactivate Web Connect. and reconnect to Express Web Connect.
    thecreator-b
    Testing Quicken Subscription Beta B44.5 Build 27.0.44.5  Installed 24/7.
    in Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19043.1110
    Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property
  • Jeffrey Wilens
    Well it's much more often than once every 90 days. I'm not clear what you mean by turning off access and existing a website. When I authorize the account I am still in the Quicken desktop app in a window, not on any website. And my browser is not being used. Sign out of what? Quicken? Restart Windows 10?

I will try these tactics next time but talk about a kludgy approach to a simple problem with the Capital One 360 interface.
  • Jeffrey Wilens
    Doesn't work. Keep getting error CC-501 "unable to connect to Quicken servers at this time."
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Jeffrey Wilens

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

The Described behavior can be caused by multiple things, as such we would recommend contacting Quicken Support directly for the best assistance. They'll be able to collect logs if needed to escalate the issue. I will leave our hours down below so you can find a time that works best for you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• Jeffrey Wilens
    I will be contacting them although there are other posts describing the same problem with Quicken servers.
  • Jeffrey Wilens
    Quicken support today confirmed this is known problem with Quicken Servers not connecting with Capital One Bank server for certain accounts.
  • WindowViper
    WindowViper Member
    Quicken keeps requiring me to reauthorize Capital One credit card and bank accounts. The first time I complied but Quicken responded with a nonsense error message. After that, Quicken would tell me to Click Reauthorize but there is nothing to click.
  • Bob Schenot
    Bob Schenot Member ✭✭
    edited October 18
    So .... I am authorizing and re-authorizing my Capital One Quicksilver account, and keep getting a message that it wasn't successful (17Oct2021). [removed- link has been archived and is no longer applicable]  I'm getting pretty frustrated.
  • jameswolfe8561
    jameswolfe8561 Member ✭✭
    I am having an issue with the Message that Capital One needs to reauthorize accounts. I have several accounts I go through the steps at the end I receive the message unsuccessful. I do receive an email from capital one saying "You linked Quicken to your Capital One account". I followed another thread to sign out of quicken and sign back in this does not resolve the issue.
  • spenmay1943
    spenmay1943 Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue. I checked the vault and it indicates a password is not needed. I wonder if a password is now needed?
  • RLF3rd
    RLF3rd Member ✭✭
    I spent some time on chat with Quicken support this morning. It took a while for me to get the agent to understand that Quicken has a problem with its process. The conclusion was that it may be best to simply deactivate the current online service for each Capital One account and then reactivate them. It worked for me. Good luck.
  • Hello @jameswolfe8561 and @spenmay1943

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. I would recommend attempting to de/reactivate the affected account(s) as suggested by @RLF3rd

For instructions on de/reactivating your account(s) please visit the link below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/deactivate-and-reactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

When you have a moment to attempt these steps let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Hello @WindowViper

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. There have been several other users with a similar issue. However, in this particular instance, you get an error message. Could you elaborate on what that is? Also, is this occurring for all of your Capital One accounts? 

Please elaborate so that we may move forward with diagnosing and troubleshooting as needed. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • shsober
    shsober Member
    edited October 17
    I'm having the same problem. I chatted with Quicken this morning [Removed-Unhelpful] told it was a Capital One problem. Capital One reported numerous complains about the same thing. When, Quicken, are you going to fix this?
  • Lew
    Lew Member ✭✭
    Hello:
    I am having a similar issue that started a couple of days ago. I have 2 accounts at Capitol One that I was routinely downloading transactions from. I received a message from Quicken that said I needed to re-authorize my accounts. I have so far, been unsuccessful.
    My last attempt at troubleshooting went as so:
    I turned off electronic access for both accounts in Quicken
    I logged into my Capital One account and unlinked Quicken there.
    I am now attempting to add electronic transactions for my accounts.
    I get a capital One log in screen thru Quicken and I authorize the connection.
    Once I do that, I get an e-mail from Capital One saying that my accounts have been linked to Quicken.
    Quicken then posts a screen saying "Oops, we are having a problem CC-501" Please try again in a few hours.
  • mansart
    mansart Member ✭✭
    edited October 17
    [Removed-Duplicate Comment/Post]
  • Robert Honeyman
    Robert Honeyman Member ✭✭
    I ran file validation and that seems to have cleaned up something. I now have a direct connection. I seem to recall doing this months ago, but for some reason it worked today.

It's odd that I haven't seen or received any suggestions to run file validation, but for others with the CC-501 issue with CapOne, try doing that and see if it helps.
  • Bob Schenot
    Bob Schenot Member ✭✭
    "You have signed in to Capital One Card Services Successfully, the the following account was not found" xxxx1234.

This is the correct account, it has worked for years. I even get a confirmation email from Capital One. So .... Capital One thinks I'm authorized; why doesn't Quicken?
  • Bob Schenot
    Bob Schenot Member ✭✭
    This is what I got from Capital One:

You’re sharing your data with Quicken.
    You linked your Capital One® account(s) to Quicken. To manage the data you’re sharing or unlink any of your connected apps, please review your security settings.

Banking relies on trust, and protecting your information is just as important to us as protecting your finances. To learn more about how Quicken uses and shares your data, please read their privacy policy.

If you didn’t link your account(s), please visit our information protection center.

Thanks for choosing Capital One.
  • jeanderson
    jeanderson Member ✭✭
    Been using Quicken for years and never had an issue with Capital One. I go through the process, login and all looks fine until the end of the process:
  • lwayneburton
    lwayneburton Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem as jeanderson identifies. Have reauthorized account several times but with no success.
  • Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭
    Having a similar issue. Quicken believes I need to reauthorize. After jumping through the hoops, I receive an email from Cap One saying I have reauthorized my account, and it shows as an app on my online acct. However, Quicken gave me an error message saying that reauthorization was not successful. Quicken claims my account was not found.
  • TRAMM
    TRAMM Member
    Same issue this morning. Quicken asks to reauthorize but then is unsuccessful even though sign-in works and account is shown on interface. Capital One web site shows Quicken as authorized. Frustrating.
  • Bob Schenot
    Bob Schenot Member ✭✭
    I think it's more than similar --- it's identical.
  • DaufuskieNate
    DaufuskieNate Member ✭✭
    I had same issue starting yesterday. This morning I deactivated my accounts. Reactivated by choosing the link labelled "Capital One Card - Current." Went through the authorization process that pops up and everything is now working again.
  • ajkessel
    ajkessel Member ✭✭
    edited October 18
    Same problem here. Anyone have a fix?

In particular, I go through reauthorization process without an error, then Quicken reports "You have signed in to Capital One 360 successfully, but the following accounts were not found" followed by all my accounts.

I also get an email from Capital One 360 telling me I've linked Quicken to my Capital One accounts.
This discussion has been closed.