Budget Expand Column (Q Mac)

mybank2002
mybank2002 Member ✭✭✭✭
I would really love to see the ability to resize the columns in budget view for both 1 month and 12 month. It is so frustrating that categories get cut off. 
9 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @mybank2002

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that this feature isn't currently offered. I have changed your post to an Idea thread to add the ability to resize the columns in the budget view.

Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

Ideas are reviewed by our development team to see what people would like to be available in the future.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I agree that the inability to widen the category column in the Budget is very annoying, as many of my category names don't fit and are truncated.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • I would also love more flexibility with columns on my budget. 
  • mybank2002
    mybank2002 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Hopefully this idea gets some more traction. I have a full screen of white space with truncated columns. Fingers crossed the add the ability to resize columns and save presets for both budget and save presets for accounts. This is one feature from Quicken Home and Business I really miss from Windows. 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @mybank2002  There's nothing I can suggest for the budget screen, which Quicken needs to fix.

But you also mentioned "save presets for accounts." If you are referring to being able to set up a register with the columns you want to see and apply those setting to other accounts, this has been at least partially implemented in a recent update. You can now apply the settings in a register to all accounts of the same type -- all cash accounts, all credit card accounts, all retirement accounts, etc. This hidden little gem is at the bottom of the pop up Columns window, where you set which columns to show or not show in an account; under the list of all the columns, there's an "Apply to All (type) Accounts" link; click to and watch it do its magic. Unfortunately, its not a big magic trick, because it doesn't put the columns in the same order, nor set them to be the same width; as best I can tell, it just makes the same columns visible. Also note, although it's unlikely to be of concern, it will apply the changes to any hidden or closed accounts you may have of that type. So... it's of limited value, but it's a step in the right direction. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • mybank2002
    mybank2002 Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Jacobs Thank you for that tip, I read all the updates and must have missed that one and yes you are right it is a step in the right direction. Hopefully in the future it will set them in the same order and the same width, that would by far be ideal. It will help with macros made and not stressing about making one adjustment and having to apply that to everything. Thanks always for your help. 

• MikeyV
    MikeyV Member
    Yes I agree, I can not read half of my budget items.