quicken closes when i select HOME tab

Ken Pirkl
Ken Pirkl Member ✭✭
It does it every time. I did a validate. I have the latest version. all the other tabs work. advice????
cheers, Ken

Comments

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a view on your Home tab is corrupted or has some other problem.  Make a backup of your file and try removing a view from the Home tab to see if it resolves the problem.  If you find out which one it is then see if you can just re-create it.
  • Ken Pirkl
    Ken Pirkl Member ✭✭
    ok, i will work on that - thank you - let you know
  • Ken Pirkl
    Ken Pirkl Member ✭✭
    i am unable to access the HOME - it closes out quicken all the time.
  • bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume this is not the tab that opens when you start Quicken then.   I was thinking it only did it when you change tabs and go back.  

Did this just start with the last update?   If so try going to Quicken support and downloading the Mondo patch:

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

• Ken Pirkl
    Ken Pirkl Member ✭✭
    I believe it was doing even before last update. I downloaded patch, cannot get it to run. Isn't there a way to "super" validate?? might that work?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited July 2021
    Hello @Ken Pirkl,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
    Ken Pirkl said: Isn't there a way to "super" validate?? might that work?
    Though we cannot guarantee super validate will work, it is definitely something worth trying. However, before doing so, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please follow the instructions provided below to super validate.
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Ken Pirkl
    Ken Pirkl Member ✭✭
    Did not work. Nothing needed attention. guess i can live without the HOME screen
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Ken Pirkl

I'm wondering if we might be able to get the home screen working by down patching to a previous patch to see if we experience the same issue. I'll leave an article down below. It'll be under the windows (U.S) Version. Select June 2021 then patch 34.16. These are all previous patches you're able to install. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/reinstalling-and-patching-your-quicken-subscription-version-after-your-membership-has

Once you get the chance let us know if you can open up the home screen after down patching. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.