Quicken Locks Up When I Try to Deactivate an Account

I need to deactivate then reactivate an account where transactions are not being downloaded. Quicken locks up when I try to deactivate. A suggestion made to this question advises to disconnect the Internet before deactivating. Why? Doesn't Quicken need to access the Internet to disconnect the account from online updates?

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @sherylgip

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues deactivating your accounts. I'm wondering here what might be causing the issue but we should ideally be able to find something. While you do need your internet connection to download when if you were to deactivate your account while the internet is disabled it should resync again once internet is enabled and the account will sync to the quicken servers as a manual account rather than an online account.

Another thing here I'm wondering is are you getting a specific prompt where it freezes? If so could you let us know which one as this could give us more information on what exactly could be causing the freeze. 

Once you get the chance let us know more about the issue and if the original troubleshooting step works for you. From there we'll see what our next steps are.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.