Why does windows say the "quicken-canada.exe" file is corrupt?

KorkyOttawa
KorkyOttawa Member
I keep getting this same error message.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @KorkyOttawa,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest that you try using our QCleanUI utility in an attempt to resolve the error you are receiving.

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

Once that is done, go ahead and try to download and install Quicken again.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHAT file is this?  A program update? And from what website did you get it ... and why can't you simply download it again?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • KorkyOttawa
    KorkyOttawa Member
    The file name is quicken-canada.exe. I have downloaded it twice. I log on to my Quicken Website account to get the file. I have a Surface Pro 7 Windows 10. Could there be a setting in windows 10 causing this problem? I have also right-clicked on the file quicken-canada.exe and choose install as Administrator.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmm, If you've already re-downloaded, I think that it's time to contact Q Support and see what they have to say. https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @KorkyOttawa,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest that you try using our QCleanUI utility in an attempt to resolve the error you are receiving.

To do so, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled If the steps above do not resolve the issue. Then, open and follow the instructions found in the blue dropdown sections titled First: Download and use QCleanUI and Second: Rename Quicken Shared Folders.

Once that is done, go ahead and try to download and install Quicken again.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
This discussion has been closed.