Single Entry to Post a Dividend via a Brokerage Account Direct Deposited into a Bank Checking Acct.

Biz
Biz Member ✭✭
Dividends from stocks are reflected in my brokerage account, and are automatically deposited into my bank checking account the next day. I used to post this transaction via one entry in Quicken Windows until I changed to Quicken Mac around 5 years ago. But in Mac, I have to post the dividend as one entry and then do a second entry using 'Payment/Deposit' to transfer the funds to my bank checking account.  Reinvestment of dividends is done in one transaction now, so why isn't a Dividend/Transfer offered in Mac? This is useful for anyone who does not reinvest dividends or leave the dividends in their brokerage account.
3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    For whatever reason, Quicken Mac was developed to not support the BuyX, SellX, DivX-type transactions which exist in Quicken Windows. If the developers don't want to add this functionality for whatever technical reasons exist, I offer an alternative: (a) add an optional "Source Account" or "Destination Account" field when entering Buy/Sell/Dividend transactions, (b) have Quicken then use that information to automatically create and save a Transfer transaction, exactly the same as a user now does manually. This would not need to be a "linked" transaction (for changes or deletion), which would doubtless add complexity; it could just be a one-time creation of the second transaction.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod

Hello All,

This idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the age of the request and lack of user votes/comments, will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

-Quicken Anja
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Quicken Anja Is this idea request not the same as a different Idea thread for linked checking accounts?

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7310443/add-ability-to-link-accounts-to-brokerage-accounts-to-quicken-for-mac-104-legacy-votes/p1

That one is already marked as "Planned" by the developers. So if this Idea is really the same, there's no reason for it to exist as a separate request. If this is actually asking for something different, then perhaps some elaboration is needed.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Jacobs,

Thank you for linking the other Idea! They sound slightly different to me (unless I'm misinterpreting) as I understood this Idea to be requesting a single entry vs dual entry of the dividend and transfer transaction(s). I can see how it would relate to the other idea you linked though. If you still think it would be better suited for these ideas to be merged, please let me know and I can certainly go ahead and do so.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja