Signing into "Quicken on the Web" - Two Factor Authentication [Edited]

kurtlook
kurtlook Member
I thought I'd try "Quicken on the Web". My mac desktop is fine but I wanted to try the web version. It lets me log in w/o two factor authentication. What am I doing wrong? Surely a financial site won't let you log in w/o this.
3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Web doesn't have that feature.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @kurtlook

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize for the confusion. Quicken is a financial managing software and when you log into the web version there is no need for two-factor authentication. You can simply log into Quicken.com with your Quicken ID and password. 

Hope this provides your with clarity. Please let us know if you have any question or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Paloma said:  ... when you log into the web version there is no need for two-factor authentication.
    I think their question is - There IS a need, and WHY is it not implemented with Quicken on the Web ?

QWin Deluxe Subscription - Win10
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also question the "no need" statement.  While I don't use MFA, there are MANY who do.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • kurtlook
    kurtlook Member
    The commenters understood my question completely. In 2021, it is malpractice not to support two factor authentication on a financial web site.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021
    BTW for the record I believe that the risk is even greater than it appears at first glance.

Quicken went to "Single account sign on".

As in you use the same Quicken Id/password to sign on to all of these:
    1. Quicken data file.  (and its connection to the Quicken cloud data set, which is on the Quicken servers).
    2. Quicken account (website).
    3. The online portfolio.
    4. Quicken Web.
    5. Quicken Mobile.
    6. This Quicken forum.  (personally I use a different Quicken Id here to avoid mixing my finances with a public forum).
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited July 2021
    Hello All,

For clarification in regards to @Quicken Paloma 's "no need" statement; what she is referring to is that 2-factor authentication is not currently a requirement in order to sign in on Quicken on the Web. However, it was not her intent to indicate that it will never be needed. Therefore, we apologize for any confusion the phrasing of her statement may have caused.

I did also double-check to see if there is a current Idea post available for this topic and found that there currently is not. That said, I also went ahead and changed this post to an Idea post so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on this idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

-Quicken Anja