I've had problems with Quicken crashing when scanning within the app.

James Berger
James Berger Member ✭✭
It's been going on for years and I've diligently installed the updates. With the latest release, I can scan once okay but if attempting a second scan, Quicken crashes. It happens at between choosing "scan" and when the app should take you to choose the connected scanner.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @James Berger

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with scanning inside of Quicken. I'm wondering here are you on the desktop platform or are you using the mobile app to scan? I'm wondering here since you do say the app but it sounds like you were using the desktop so we may need a bit more clarification.

Additionally is the issue only happening on the recent windows update?  Does it happen each time? When you say connected server is it trying to sync to the cloud?

Once you get the chance please let us know more about the issue and we'll see what we can do to resolve it.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• James Berger
    James Berger Member ✭✭
    I have a desktop connected to a Neat Scanner. I've kept up with all the device drivers on the scanner as well as the quicken updates. This issue has been ongoing for me for several years. I've contacted the Quicken support on several occasions and have going through multiple rounds of trial and error and resets to no avail. I've also summitted tens of error reports once it crashes. It happens at the same spot each time but only after one successful scan within Quicken.
  • Quicken Francisco

@James Berger

Thanks for the update. That is quite a while to be experiencing the issue. I'm wondering here if you've tried a QcleanUI? Since you've talked to support quite a lot I figured this might be the case but I think it's a first good step to potentially try here. I'll leave steps how to do so down below. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken

Once you've done this you'll want to reinstall the program. You can do so down below.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it

Once you've done this see if we're able to get a bit further in processing the scan. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco

• James Berger
    James Berger Member ✭✭
    Went through the process as you described. No effect. It crashed quicken on the second attempted transaction scan at the same spot as before.
  • Quicken Francisco
    @James Berger

Thanks for the update. I have another idea as well. I'd like to see if this happens in another file. We'll want to make a test file and try seeing if the same thing happens in the test file as well. I'll leave a link on how to do so.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you've had the chance let us know if you're able to replicate the issue in the test file as well. 

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco
  • James Berger
    James Berger Member ✭✭
    Looks to be working correctly in the new file, best I can tell. I went back to my original file and reset the filtering and sort. It is appearing to solve the issue. I found that I have several accounts within my file that I have to do this with. I'll keep you posted as to if this solves. Sure wish this would have been suggested before as it's been very frustrating for a long while.