when backing up quicken to a usb drive, and all I get is "file not backed up"

Everytime I try to backup our quicken file to a usb drive, I just get "file not backed up" how do I fix this?

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gismo said:
    Everytime I try to backup our quicken file to a usb drive, I just get "file not backed up" how do I fix this?
    Backup to a folder on a local drive and use File Explorer to place the backup file on the USB drive.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you performing this backup ? 
    QWin Deluxe Subscription - Win10
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This error seems to indicate a problem with your active data file, assuming, of course, that there's nothing wrong with your USB device.
    Please perform Validate and Super Validate procedures on your active data file, as described here:

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tried it.... File --> Backup --> changed to point to my USB drive (E:) and performed the backup -
    all ok -

QWin Deluxe Subscription - Win10
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I directly backup to a USB drive all the time.  It's my primary backup device.
    I'd suggest that @Gismo check that there's enough available space on the USB to hold this backup ... because that's the message that I get when there isn't enough space.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP