Quicken 2016 Deluxe won't open how to fix?

How to open Quicken 2016 Deluxe, it won't open

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    More details, please.
    Did you just reinstall Q 2016 or install it on a new computer?
    If so, before you can use Q 2016 again, you must also download and install a file named Release 19.5 Mondo from http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-2016-patches.html

• cw4206
    cw4206 Member
    No, didn't reinstall it nor install it on a new computer. It starts to open, brief flash, then closes. I have the Quicken 2016 CD if that would help. As I want to upgrade to latest version, Quicken sales said to download the new version and it would give a choice to install from the one that won't open or a backup & to chose the backup. Is that right?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If nothing happened on your Windows system, e.g., installed a major Windows update ... Please try this using Q 2016 before you take the upgrade to Q Subscription step. Let's make sure we have a working Quicken data file first:

Reboot Windows.
    Close Quicken (or do not start it at all).
    Use Windows File Explorer to locate and rename your current Quicken data file, for example, if it's called Qdata.QDF rename it to QdataX.QDF
    Usually your file is located in your \Documents\Quicken folder.

Having done that start Quicken as usual from the Start Menu or Desktop Quicken icon.
    If Quicken cannot find your current data file during startup it should just simply load the program and give you either a nearly blank menu screen or one that has options to start as new user, restore from backup, etc.

• If you get to this point without Quicken crashing
      • click on File in the Menu bar. Select the Validate function. Select the renamed Quicken data file and see if Quicken can access and repair it.
      • If the data file is beyond repair, try to restore your data file from the most recent Manual or Automatic backup. Go back to restoring successively older backups until you find a file that works
        https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data
    • Now download and install Q Subscription from your account at Quicken.com. When starting it for the first time, point it to the working file.

• cw4206
    cw4206 Member
    Thank you for taking the time to help me.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    cw4206 said:
    Thank you for taking the time to help me.

You're welcome. Are you back in business now, with a working data file?