Cannot install update - Error - MigrationTool.exe because it is being used by another process

critter
critter Member ✭✭
I am having problems with the program. It just keeps spinning and I cannot use the program. I thought updating might help but I have received these errors, 'The program cannot access the file 'C\ProgramData\......quickenPatch\w4916 and another time quickenPatch\w2389. I already installed the Mondo Patch that was recommended. Presently using version R34.16.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    What's the FULL path to your Q data file?  Starting with the drive letter and ending with QDF.
    And, do you ever get any error codes, or messages when trying this?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please download and install the current (R 34.24) Mondo Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product

• bobow51
    bobow51 Member ✭✭
    35.51 continues to be unable to install, just like the past several. Please fix this.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    bobow51 said:
    35.51 continues to be unable to install, just like the past several. Please fix this.
    What are you trying to install? The Update from within Quicken (Help / Check for Updates) or the Mondo Patch file?
    What exact error messages are you getting?

This discussion has been closed.