Why is there now Investment Register slow/weirdness?

When I click on an investment account to open its register, there is a couple of seconds of pause, the screen temporarily expands to cover the Win10 task bar on the bottom and then it eventually opens. How can I fix this?

This does not happen with other kinds of accounts. I have a large file going back to the 90s (280k) with dozens of investment accounts, many of them closed. I have shut off auto syncing of the files but that did not change anything.

Answers

• Quicken Julio
    Quicken Julio Administrator, Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta mod
    Hi @mhsherman461,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

If you haven't already, I would recommend validating the file.

First, start by going to File File Operations > Copy. Make sure you do not choose Year End Copy for this procedure. Leave all settings default and hit OK. Once copy is complete, select Open New Copy.

In the New Copy, go to File File Operations > Validate & Repair > Validate File to ensure there are no lingering issues with the data in this file. If you have issues with Investment account(s) slowness or other data issues with an investment account, be sure to also select Rebuild Lots during this procedure.

After the Validation process is finished, review the Data_Log.txt for messages pertaining to the quality of your data and resolve any that are advised with instructions you should follow.

If you receive the message "Damaged data block" in the Data_Log after the Validation completes, the file is not repairable. We recommend restoring a backup from prior to the date listed on this message.

Feel free to respond to this thread with any additional questions or concerns.
    Best,
    JV
  • I validated and rebuilt the lots before I contacted you. It did not get that error; just a few minor things--as there usally are. I tried it on a copy too. In any case, nothing changed.

Also, the "copy" can't be used as the new file because of all the downloaded stuff. I guess one has to "backup" and rename if one wants a fresh copy.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version.... Help --> About Quicken

QWin Deluxe Subscription - Win10
  • R34.24 WIn10Enterprise Build 27.1.34.24 Home, Business, Rental