Quicken continually redrawing screen

I'm using Quicken Windows Subscription on a Windows 10 computer with the latest updates. I've been using Quicken for 20 years without issues. A couple months ago, my Quicken started to become very sluggish and at times it will redraw the screen slowly with the Quicken menu bar and icons disappearing and reappearing. The redraw takes a few minutes and then Quicken returns to normal. After I do a transaction, then it goes back into redraw for another few minutes. During the past few months, I've installed several Quicken updates, Windows updates, worked with Quicken support and did the Quicken database fix and nothing fixes the issue.

Anyone else run into this issue?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @LutzKT65

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. For this particular instance, I would recommend running a Qclean. This is a process that is different than uninstalling/reinstalling. A Qclean removes all existing configuration files during the uninstall, so new configuration files may be placed after reinstalling Quicken in order to get the program to function as expected. I would also highly recommend running a Qclean with a Quicken Support Agent so that they can clarify and guide you through the process. 

Before running a Qclean make sure you save a backup of your file. For instruction on running a Qclean click here

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you've any questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Paloma
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing to try is to tweak your Windows graphics settings. Some of us notice a speed improvement when the options are set as below. Quicken still repaints too much, but it seems to do it a little faster with these settings. Depending on your hardware, you may or may not have the accelerated GPU scheduling available. I'd be interested to learn whether this helps you or not.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Qkenoldie
    Qkenoldie Member ✭✭
    This solved my problem. Since update 39.23 I was having problems with my screen flickering, constanty recycling and having the top menu disappearing. It was an intermittent problem, but since yesterday It rendered Quicken unusable. I could not do any troubleshooting because I could not access the menu. I knew the problem was not the file because it was happening with many different files. Changing the graphics settings fixed the problem. THANK YOU VERY MUCH ROCKET J.
This discussion has been closed.