Add a column splitting Vendor and Memo

a. Let us "customize" the individual accounts windows. I search MEMOS often and they are hard to find when combined with the Payee. Split them.
b. I never use the Downloaded ID. Let us hide that column
c. The Balance column is far wider than it needs to be.

These should provide more space for a Memo column.

If we can hide a column, and change the order left to right that would solve the problem. We need a new, separate memo column. Please.

(I use Quicken for all sorts of searches, when I bought something, for example.)
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    You would be better off just switching to one line mode (Ctrl+2).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTOH, you can add or remove register columns in Quicken for Windows.
    In the register, click the Register Columns button (it's located in the column header row next to the Balance column header.) This brings up a popup view where you can click to select or deselect columns in the register view.
    Column width can be adjusted by dragging the vertical separator line between columns to make a column wider or narrower.
    Note: You can do this only while the cursor is located in the first line of a two-line register's column header. You cannot individually adjust columns in the 2nd line.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it sounds like he is using one line display and needs 2 line to show more of a memo field.   The memo should be in a separate field from payee.  How is it not being split out?  Why is memo combined with payee when you search?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    volvogirl said:
    Why is memo combined with payee when you search?
    I think it is because @Nantucketbob is using a search that isn't available in your version of Quicken.

And that is basically the question I answered (I probably should have added a lot more for the fact that most of the other "problems" already have solutions, as in you can hide the Downloaded ID column and you can resize the Balance column.

Single line mode:

And note that people have asked to be able to size the "second line" fields in two line mode forever.
    And I believe the main reason the haven't done this is because in fact that register code is extremely complicated and it might not even be possible because whatever they are using to build it doesn't have that functionality.  Note in Quicken Mac when they rewrote it they purposely dropped 2 line mode because it was part of the source for lots of problems in the register.  People using Quicken Mac have asked them to put it in, but the developers have resisted that stating that it will cause lots of problems.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/