Can't use a CD to load Quicken?

TTSguy
TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
Two weeks ago I purchased a Starter Edition for my wife's laptop from Best Buy. I was having trouble getting Quicken to download from the CD so I called support. I was told by support rep that Quicken no longer supports loading Quicken from a CD. So be aware. I also just bought A Deluxe Subscription from Quicken online, and paid an extra $5.99 for a backup CD, so I'm out six bucks now. Why does quicken even offer a backup disk to purchase if they don't support downloading from the CD?
Quicken Windows Deluxe Subscription R39.23
 Only function used is register function and reports. NO, other Quicken functions or Sync being used.  ;)

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

This post has deteriorated, become disruptive, and has moved away from the main topic of the original post. Therefore, it is now closed for further discussion.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since Amazon is still peddling CD versions of Quicken on their site I don't think what that rep said was accurate. 
    What sort of problem are you running into when trying to install the program from the CD?  It should be as easy as popping the CD into your optical disk and kicking off the setup executable.  Are you getting any error messages?
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    No error codes, just wouldn't load. I finally just used the code that came with it instead of the CD. loaded from Quicken.com with code, everything was okay then.
     Only function used is register function and reports. NO, other Quicken functions or Sync being used.  ;)
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭

Do other CDs work in the drive?  You inserted it the right way up?  Some people put the CD in upside down.  What Windows are you using?  This is for Turbo Tax but might help....

If you have WIndows 10 and the CD won't load see

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/nothing-happens-when-i-insert-the-cd-on-windows-10/00/26721

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTSguy said:
    Two weeks ago I purchased a Starter Edition for my wife's laptop from Best Buy. I was having trouble getting Quicken to download from the CD so I called support. I was told by support rep that Quicken no longer supports loading Quicken from a CD. So be aware. I also just bought A Deluxe Subscription from Quicken online, and paid an extra $5.99 for a backup CD, so I'm out six bucks now. Why does quicken even offer a backup disk to purchase if they don't support downloading from the CD?
    So confused...
    You don't "download" from a CD - you "install" from the CD in the CD drive.... should just disply on your Windows drives.
    Why did you also purchase Quicken Deluxe from the Quicken website.... was it to replace the Starter Edition ?
    Once you have purchased a subscription version of Quicken - you can download it directly from the Quicken website, and there is no "code" required, as that is only for purchases from other retailers....
    You can now download and install your Quicken Deluxe directly from the Quicken website to whatever computers you have.

QWin Deluxe Subscription - Win10
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    And......so you ended up paying for both Starter from BestBuy and Deluxe from Quicken?  Plus the Extra 5.99 for CD?  Did you get a refund for starter from BestBuy or Quicken?  
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    @Ps56k2 The reason I purchased a retail version, is because I was apparently blacklisted from community. I've tried getting info from Moderators or anyone in regards to specifically why. I commented about condescending answers a superuser was give to people and poof...I was gone from community. No warnings, no reason....just gone. I can post but never get answers from Community, Superusers, or moderators. So I purchased a retail copy with new ID so I could stay connected. And yes I am very familiar on what side of a cd to use, how to load etc, and yes you are right, i should have used install instead of download, as I do know the difference. [Removed - Rant/Off Topic]
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TTSguy I believe the warnings from the moderators come via email to the email address you have listed for the forum. The warnings can also come via personal message. Did you check to see if emails had gone to your spam folder? How about in your personal inbox here on the forum?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    [Removed - Rant/Off Topic]
  • TTSguy
    TTSguy Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    @mshiggins . Thanks for responding. I've received nothing from anyone, no messages, personal, through Quicken, nor answers through the community message system. Seems I'm just invisible to all! Tried personal messages through Quicken to Quicken Sarah...no answers. That's why I bought another Quicken, established a new ID and am back on Community. You c an review my Quicken stats, I've been active and helped others on occasion. Very disheartening! [Removed - Speculation/Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

This post has deteriorated, become disruptive, and has moved away from the main topic of the original post. Therefore, it is now closed for further discussion.

Thank you!
    -Quicken Anja
This discussion has been closed.