Deposits BEFORE Withdrawals

Why can't Quicken show deposits before withdrawals for transactions on the same date.

This has been a present in the Windows version for years and years. I simply don't understand why this can't be fixed. If I was rich, this wouldn't be an issue.

On days I get paid and have multiple bills going out, it shows me go negative for that day. Please fix this.

[edited for readability]
3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bank's don't necessarily post your deposits before your debits. At the bank were I was a systems VP, checks had a trancode of 57 and deposits had 78 ... and within an account the transactions were sorted in trancode order ... so checks came first. This possibly created a "daylight overdraft". 
    The bank's will usually ignore an occasional DO, but if it happens repeatedly they MIGHT notice and take action ... up to and including closing your account.
    Lastly, In Q, if you click the GEAR icon above the right slider bar in your account, there's a "Sorting Options" menu item.  Set it to DATE, Order Entered and then input all of your deposits before you input your debits.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP