Quote Update Fails

As of yesterday, the quote update function has stopped working. The program just sits there, with the indicator spinning, and never completes or fails. I have to crash the program using Task Manager to move on. Called tech support, and they were not able to solve the problem. Their only suggestion was to wait for 48 hours!

Is anyone else having this problem?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Victor Roberts

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues updating your quotes. I'm wondering here since it's getting stuck while updating it may be having issues connecting to servers potentially causing the issue. To start off here let's try something simple by signing out and back in. This should refresh our connection to the server and is a fairly quick step to try. I'll leave steps down below on how to do so. 

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next options.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Victor Roberts
    Victor Roberts Member ✭✭
    Your suggestion did NOT work.

I tried to Validate the file and that also hung up the program.

I found that I could update quotes for any individual account, but using the global quote update, the program also hung.

I eventually use the option to repair my investing price history, and that fixed the problem.

I am extremely disappointed that a problem with my data file would cause Quicken to hang instead of aborting with an error message. Well written software should never just stop working. It should be designed to exit gracefully in the event of a data file error.