TRUIST - not available for Add Account after BBT & Suntrust merger

BBT and Suntrust merged..now Truist. The name is not on the account list on quicken. Their supports says the information was sent to Quicken. When can we expect the name to be added? I do not want to set up manually. I want to use update.

Best Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    billlex said:
    Well, if Truist is going to charge I will end the relationship..... Still can't get quicken to update the institution list..... frustrating.
    TRUIST would have to contract with Quicken and pay for Quicken to support their downloads like the BBT entry I posted above. Quicken is a service provider - and TRUIST needs to purchase service, else they are not listed and made available for downloading.

The internal list is updated when you perform One Step Update - but don’t know how long it takes the “paperwork” to make its way thru the process. 
    QWin Deluxe Subscription - Win10
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    billlex said:
    Both BBT AND SUNTRUST contracted why not Truist? Somebody dropped the ball
    Not necessarily.  Every financial institution has to decide for itself what services it wants to support.  That is going to be based on the costs and benefits to their customers.  Quicken users tend to think of themselves as this great big group of users that every financial institution should love to support.  But in reality at an given financial institution the percentage of Quicken users is quite small, and the financial institution might very well not believe it is worth the cost, especially when the other customers are picking up part of that bill (Quicken users also tend never want to pay the financial institution for these services).
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    RESOLVED 10/14/21

Truist Bank has been added to our list of supported Financial Institutions and is available to connect accounts with.

Thank you,

Sarah

Answers

• galojah
    galojah Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    If it helps, I just had to transition my online banking from BB&T to Truist and I was able to get my accounts connected while still using BB&T in the bank search.
  • billlex
    billlex Member ✭✭
    That didn't work for me.... Quicken can't get info from BBT for some reason. Truist is not recognized in the institution list for new accounts. Did you do it after the transition 48 hours ago? Truist said they sent info to Quicken some time ago. Who knows?
  • rlw6534
    rlw6534 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    > @billlex said:
    > That didn't work for me.... Quicken can't get info from BBT for some reason. Truist is not recognized in the institution list for new accounts. Did you do it after the transition 48 hours ago? Truist said they sent info to Quicken some time ago. Who knows?

It appears that Direct Connect works but that is the subscription service ($7.95/mo). The free Web Connect and Express Web Connect are not working on either Mac or Windows since I logged in this week on the Web and it redirected to Truist.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just following along....  and agree... I don't see a TRUIST entry for Add Account -
    Wonder if this is the BB&T entry you are using - as there are a couple different entries for different accounts -
    09547    09547    09547    BB&T - Online Banking    http://www.bbt.com    1-888-228-6654    https://www.bbt.com/    ACTIVE   
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO,PAYMENT&DIRECT   
    BANKING,CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT        
    BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT 
  • billlex
    billlex Member ✭✭
    BBT/Truist says it is quicken...... at a loss why this wasn't fixed two years ago when the merger was started. Just want the checking acct. My BBBT acct has been converted successfully. i can access Truist and see all the correct acct numbers. Been on the phone with both.
  • billlex
    billlex Member ✭✭
    I did set it up manually..... can't reconcile or download
  • galojah
    galojah Member ✭✭
    Yes, I used "BB&T - Online Banking" with my new Truist password. You needed to have that website open to register your file, too.

> @Ps56k2 said:
    > Just following along....  and agree... I don't see a TRUIST entry for Add Account -
    > Wonder if this is the BB&T entry you are using - as there are a couple different entries for different accounts -
    > 09547    09547    09547    BB&T - Online Banking    http://www.bbt.com    1-888-228-6654    https://www.bbt.com/    ACTIVE   
    > BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO,PAYMENT&DIRECT   
    > BANKING,CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT        
    > BANKING,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT 
  • billlex
    billlex Member ✭✭
    Did. BBT/Truist support said I am ready to go
  • billlex
    billlex Member ✭✭
    Well, if Truist is going to charge I will end the relationship..... Still can't get quicken to update the institution list..... frustrating.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021 Answer ✓
    billlex said:
    TRUIST would have to contract with Quicken and pay for Quicken to support their downloads like the BBT entry I posted above. Quicken is a service provider - and TRUIST needs to purchase service, else they are not listed and made available for downloading.

The internal list is updated when you perform One Step Update - but don’t know how long it takes the “paperwork” to make its way thru the process. 
  • billlex
    billlex Member ✭✭
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    billlex said:
    Not necessarily.  Every financial institution has to decide for itself what services it wants to support.  That is going to be based on the costs and benefits to their customers.  Quicken users tend to think of themselves as this great big group of users that every financial institution should love to support.  But in reality at an given financial institution the percentage of Quicken users is quite small, and the financial institution might very well not believe it is worth the cost, especially when the other customers are picking up part of that bill (Quicken users also tend never want to pay the financial institution for these services).
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • billlex
    billlex Member ✭✭
    I pay a monthly fee for quicken services ........................... I will close the truist account next week if they haven't done their part. I remember how to balance a checkbook with a pencil.... and I will end my Quicken subscription too. This is beyond greed and beyond ridiculous,

Thanks for responding.
  • rlw6534
    rlw6534 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    > @billlex said:
    > I pay a monthly fee for quicken services ........................... I will close the truist account next week if they haven't done their part. I remember how to balance a checkbook with a pencil.... and I will end my Quicken subscription too. This is beyond greed and beyond ridiculous,
    >
    > Thanks for responding.

For what it is worth, Wells Fargo appears to offer the full Direct Connect service for free. I'm not totally sure that they are the lesser evil, however. I have just been looking for options as I refuse to pay the subscription fee to Truist for something I was able to do previously as a no-cost feature.
  • rlw6534
    rlw6534 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    I contacted Quicken support via chat and the support agent said they were waiting for Truist to contact them. I contacted Truist (very long phone hold) and they said that were waiting for Quicken to update the app/system. Neither took any responsibility or gave a potential timeline. I'll be patient for another week or so before I move my account somewhere else. Any suggestions? I'm trying to research the best option.
  • BarryF
    BarryF Member
    Glad I'm not the only one. Truist "support" told me the error has to be with Quicken even though I explained to them that the Quicken logs are showing an error response from the bbt website:

<!-- ***** RECV from https://eftx.bbt.com/eftxweb/access.ofx at 15:23:51 on 20210814 ***** -->

<!--
    OFXHEADER:100
    DATA:OFXSGML
    VERSION:103
    SECURITY:NONE
    ENCODING:USASCII
    CHARSET:1252
    COMPRESSION:NONE
    OLDFILEUID:NONE
    NEWFILEUID:NONE

-->
    <OFX><SIGNONMSGSRSV1><SONRS><STATUS><CODE>2000<SEVERITY>ERROR<MESSAGE>To activate your service so you can access your account through our supported software tools, please contact BB&T Client Support at 888-228-6654.</STATUS><DTSERVER>20210814152351.952[-4:GMT]<LANGUAGE>ENG<FI><ORG>BB&T<FID>BB&T</FI></SONRS></SIGNONMSGSRSV1></OFX>

Apparently, the support rep felt it was easier to just blame Quicken when bbt/truist were the only one's that actually changed anything.

Maybe someone from Quicken support is monitoring this and will help truist fix THEIR problem.
  • rlw6534
    rlw6534 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    I guess I got a better rep from Truist :) She readily admitted that an update is needed and, of course, said Quicken had the info and needed to do the update. Of course, the paid subscription version (Direct Connect) is working fine. I believe that high minimum balance accounts may get that for free. But not my measly "Senior Checking" account.
  • billlex
    billlex Member ✭✭
    Looks like my credit union will get my business.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can go look on your own Quicken install for the "entries" that create the Add Account screen....
    Go to this disk location ...
    C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Inet\Common\Localweb\Banklist\2019\
    and open the FIDIR.TXT with Notepad - Word Wrap turned OFF - and just scroll down looking for your bank -

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Who really knows where or when Truist support will be implemented -
    [EDIT] - I also updated the topic title to better reflect the actual ongoing Q&A -

• rlw6534
    rlw6534 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Hey, Truist is just the 4th largest bank (by branches) in the US. No worries, who cares, take your time... And by all means, don't let us know status or even acknowledge the problem.

I mean, it's not even on the "Online Banking Alerts" list.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    rlw6534 said:
    Hey, Truist is just the 4th largest bank (by branches) in the US.
    You do realize that this scenario is THEIR created problem - as part of their merged effort...

• billlex
    billlex Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Well. yes..... my problem is that this merger began about two years ago....... seems like some one would have thought of this. I am not happy with either company right now. Quicken has been flawless until the merger. Can't someone at Truist and Quicken pick up the [removed - profanity] phone a fix it?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wondering -
    is there anything on the TRUIST website the allows you to login, view your accounts,
    and manually download a QFX file of transactions for Quicken ???
  • rlw6534
    rlw6534 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > You do realize that this scenario is THEIR created problem - as part of their merged effort...

Sure. I don't believe either one of us knows what's actually going on, however. I have personally contacted both Intuit and Truist and all they do is finger point at each other. It is certainly in both of their best interests to resolve this. I suspect someone is working on it, but the lack of status updates is not very customer friendly and certainly leads to frustration. First world problems, I guess...

:s

I pay $$$ for my Quicken subscription. I do not think it is unreasonable to expect them to resolve issues or to provide status updates.
  • rlw6534
    rlw6534 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    > @Ps56k2 said:
    > Just wondering -
    > is there anything on the TRUIST website the allows you to login, view your accounts,
    > and manually download a QFX file of transactions for Quicken ???

Yes, but Quicken won't accept the QFX file.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok.... maybe we have been down this road -
    Download a current QFX file from Truist -
    Open the QFX file with Notepad -
    Scan down and look for the FID info -
    What is that FID number ???
    Here is what our Chase entry looks like - notice they will match each other -
    This might lead us to what number is used in the Add Account lookup file -
    <FI>
    <ORG>B1
    <FID>10898
    </FI>
    <INTU.BID>10898
    </SONRS>

and here is the entry for the - Add Account - notice the FID numbers match -
    10898    10898    10898    Chase    https://www.chase.com/    1-877-242-7372    https://secure01c.chase.com    ACTIVE
        BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO,PAYMENT&DIRECT   
    BANKING,CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT        
    BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT 
  • billlex
    billlex Member ✭✭
    Tried the file. Nope. I have a manual acct set up. I will wait this week then I am moving.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    billlex said:
    Tried the file. Nope. I have a manual acct set up. 
    I just want the <FID> number from the QFX file. 
  • billlex
    billlex Member ✭✭
    How do I get the QFX file from Truist?