Running Quicken on a "Surface Go 2" or others - when taken out of Windows Mode S ?

IA Beancounter
IA Beancounter Member ✭✭
Need a lightweight device to take notes and run Quicken. The Surface Go could be it but I haven't seen it mentioned on the site, only the Pro.

Thanks!

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @IA Beancounter

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue. I was taking a look at the surface go and it seems like it should be able to run Quicken as it's running windows 10 from my understanding. This should let you in turn download and run Quicken. If you would like to try it out Quicken does have a 30 day refund period where if you find the product does not work you'll be able to refund it back. 

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ps56k2 said:
    The link is archived a moderator will have to restore it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copy/paste?
     have Quicken deluxe 2017 running on my Go.  You need to switch out of S mode.  I did this and now I have Quicken running without a problem.

From Microsoft

Windows 10 in S mode is designed for security and performance, exclusively running apps from the Microsoft Store. If you want to install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, you'll need to switch out of S mode. Switching out of S mode is one-way. If you make the switch, you won't be able to go back to Windows 10 in S mode. There's no charge to switch out of S mode.

• On your PC running Windows 10 in S mode, open Settings  > Update & Security  > Activation.
    • In the Switch to Windows 10 Home or Switch to Windows 10 Pro section, select Go to the Store. (If you also see an "Upgrade your edition of Windows" section, be careful not to click the "Go to the Store" link that appears there.)
    • On the Switch out of S mode (or similar) page that appears in the Microsoft Store, select the Get button. After you see a confirmation message on the page, you'll be able to install apps from outside of the Microsoft Store.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @volvogirl.  (I'm not a SuperUser so I can't do the copy and paste)
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be reopened now…
    for general access. 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just referenced this thread for another thread about Mode S -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.