Didn't save some transactions and changes.

For some reason, Quicken saved the debit card transactions, but didn't save any checks I wrote today (using the register), the bills I paid today, or the changes I made to future bill reminders. It also asks me if I want to make a backup, even though the last backup was done yesterday. What is going on?

Comments

• vgburke85
    vgburke85 Member
    It also won't save any images I scan for attachments.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @vgburke85

Is it possible that there has been a change in how your register is sorting?  Please review this information located at this LINK and let me know if that allows you to see the missing data.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• vgburke85
    vgburke85 Member
    No it's not filtered. It seems like Quicken just stopped saving anything. The bill reminders that I had skipped are not skipped, I changed a bill reminder and that's not saved, it won't save any attachments either.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you detected "Quicken just stopped saving anything", was that after you restarted Quicken?
    Is it possible that you opened a copy or backup of your data file from yesterday instead of the one with all the latest data?
    What version and release of Quicken are you using? Click Help / About Quicken to get this information.
  • vgburke85
    vgburke85 Member
    No it's not a copy or a backup. The version I'm using is r34.24.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @vgburke85,

Where is the Quicken datafile located on your computer - please provide the full path?   Also, do you use OneDrive, DropBox or some similar storage method in connection with your Quicken files?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -