How to get USAA to connect

Months ago, USAA stopped downloading. I tried to follow the procedure to get it to connect again and eventually just gave up. I decided to try again and now, I get to the screen where it asks for my Access ID (USAA Number) and PIN. I enter both and the Quicken Application simply freezes. The only way out was a "Task Manager>End Process". I will proactively answer the question of "what was the error message": there was no error message because it froze and I had to force stop the application. I tried advanced options and changing it to "Direct Connect" to no avail. Still freezes. I even made sure that cookies were enabled on both Edge and Chrome for USAA. Any other ideas?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @timberwolf4156,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja