Investing screen display improvements - Decimals [Edited]

02barrett
02barrett Member
edited August 2021 in Investments (Windows)
Can the following data be displayed in appropriate decimals? These are never addressed since using Quicken Premier more than 8 years ago. Thanks.
1. Quote/Price should be in 2 decimals. (I entered # of shares and total cost in the register, the price/share for each lot is displayed to 6 decimals. Yes, it took up to 6 decimals to complete the cost-to-share calculation, but it does not need to be displayed beyond X.XX in the portfolio summary)
2. For "Return (%) YTD" and Return (%) 1-Year columns, the % are displayed up to 4 decimal points. I believe 2 decimals are more than sufficient for percentage display.
Tagged:
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @02barrett,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

-Quicken Anja
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For your suggestion #1 I'd say, this function already exists.
    Just look in Edit / Preferences / Reports only for "Decimal places for prices and shares (0-6)" and set it to "2".
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    I don’t believe a one-size-fits-all model is appropriate. I regularly find muni bonds priced to $0.001 precision. Active high volume stocks may close at fractions of a penny. Accounts in other currencies may well have issues with only 0.01 precision. Cyber-coin investors are demanding much higher precision. 

When a higher precision is used (like my muni citation) I need to see that precision as I compare with other sources. I typically don’t want to see a rounded value. I want to see the real value. 

For the %-ile presentation, the idea has merit.