Bank of America Update Error

For at least six month I've tried to connect to one of my BofA accounts for an electronic update and get the 501c error every time. Several times I've contacted your support via live support. They have me try everything AGAIN that I've already done at least 100 times - nothing. I've sent them a download of my log files - nothing, never heard back. No one gets back to me. After the third support person fails, he tells me it is BofA problem AND my problem. I did contact BofA. They said it is YOUR problem as it is YOUR software, not their software. Are you ever going to contact me or fix the issue?? I do not understand WHY you charge for a service that is NOT provided. Before I, once again, give details of the issue, please review the notes taken by the "support people". No, I do not know their names.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you contact Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options
  • VT3
    VT3 Member ✭✭
    I DID. They are the people who do not contact me back, or apparently, know or want to fix the problem.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    VT3 said:
    I DID. They are the people who do not contact me back, or apparently, know or want to fix the problem.
    Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken.  If you are not willing to accept the unreliability of this connection method, I suggest you use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method if available instead.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
  • VT3
    VT3 Member ✭✭
    I can not connect with either method. And I do not buy "unreliability of this connection method" as an reason - is an excuse for not fixing the software. If it was unreliable, I would be able to connect part of the time, just not all the time. PLEASE, upgrade the complaint so someone actually takes it seriously and works on it. READ THE COMMENTS OF THE SUPPORT STAFF.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    VT3 said:
    I can not connect with either method. And I do not buy "unreliability of this connection method" as an reason - is an excuse for not fixing the software. If it was unreliable, I would be able to connect part of the time, just not all the time. PLEASE, upgrade the complaint so someone actually takes it seriously and works on it. READ THE COMMENTS OF THE SUPPORT STAFF.
    Again, I suggest you contact Quicken Support: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-support-options

We're just other users.  We don't have access to any of the information you provided to Quicken Support.

Perhaps you're using the wrong financial institution name.  There are over 13 for BofA.
  • VT3
    VT3 Member ✭✭
    It is the correct bank name - it use to work before someone on the Q end broke it. And, I have another BofA with the identical set up that works just fine.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    VT3 said:
    It is the correct bank name - it use to work before someone on the Q end broke it. And, I have another BofA with the identical set up that works just fine.
    That is unreliable.  If you can, my suggestion is to use the Direct Connect or the Web Connect connection method with Bank of America-All Other States.