Removing a account that was automatically added to mobile

Accnt516
Accnt516 Member
How can I remove a account from the mobile app that was automatically added before i had the option to select any accounts? Also is there a way i can delete any info and upload a fresh start

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Try this:
    Edit -> Preferences -> Mobile & Web -> Reset your cloud data
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Accnt516
    Accnt516 Member
    I have tried that before posting and was unsuccessful. I even signed out to sign in as an other user and and selected what accounts to use excluding the account in question and it just adds that account as well.
    Thank you.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Accnt516,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Since, unfortunately, resetting your cloud data failed to resolve this issue, next, I suggest you try manually resetting your cloud data instead, by creating a test file and deleting your cloud account from that test file. After that, you would attempt to resync your main data file which should then create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within that data file).

Before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, you will then need to sign out of the Quicken Mobile app again, and on your desktop program, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Instructions and open the blue dropdown section titled: "Creating a new file"). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
    5. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete

After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down to Instructions and open the blue dropdown section titled: "How to alternate between multiple files"). 

Once your main file opens, resync your data by navigating to the Mobile & Web tab and click on the blue Sync Now button (note: you may also need to select/deselect your accounts for the Mobile app). If successful, sign back in on your Quicken Mobile app to see if this resolved the issue. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account.

Let us know how it goes!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Accnt516

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue. With the mobile sync you should be able to add/remove accounts by going across the top to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web > Accounts: (x) of (x) eligible accounts enabled. Once you click on the last option you should see a list of all your accounts that are synced to the cloud. Unselect any of the accounts you do not want synced to the cloud  and select done.

The steps that Chris_QPW are the correct steps listed in order to reset the mobile sync as well. That does sync any accounts that are selected so it may have synced the accounts you're currently having trouble with.

Let us know if you're able to get the mobile sync working as you'd like. If not we can see what steps we can take next in order to resolve the issue you're having.

Thanks,
    Quicken Francisco