IDEA: Add Views to the Budget Screen

imdcareys
imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
I would like to be able to create a 'View' of a budget as a way to filter to show only specific categories/accounts selected for the view. For example:

Create a Salary/Paycheck View,
  (a) In the settings for the Salary/Paycheck View, select all of the categories/accounts
       used to budget the details of a paycheck (like you can do with Reports). 
  (b) In the Budget screen have/add a drop-down for selection of the various views.
  (c) Select Salary/Paycheck from the Views list.
  (d) The Budget screen now displays only Income, Expense, and Transfers related to the
       Salary/Paycheck view as selected in Step (a)
Create a Transfers View
Create a Periodic Income/Expense View
Create a ZBB View
Etc.

I know Quicken doesn't have this and maybe never has had it but if someone has a way to do it, I would like to know how to get it done. Using Reports wouldn't help because you can't enter data into reports that would then transfer to the budget screen.

Thanks for listening : )
QW Home, Business, & Rental Property - Current version
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    I suggest you create and save customized  Budget reports to make these views. If you select Reports at the top right of the budget screen then pick Current Budget, you can click on the gear at the top right and select the accounts and categories to include then save each report with a meaningful name. 

You can put the reports on your Taskbar to make them even easier to access.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you create and save customized  Budget reports to make these views. If you select Reports at the top right of the budget screen then pick Current Budget, you can click on the gear at the top right and select the accounts and categories to include then save each report with a meaningful name. 

You can put the reports on your Taskbar to make them even easier to access.
    Thank you Jim, but that wouldn't work for me. I want to use the Views to filter the entry fields in the budget. As I had said "Using Reports wouldn't help because you can't enter data into reports that would then transfer to the budget screen."
    QW Home, Business, & Rental Property - Current version