new version release of R35.31

I had the data password file issue and finally got a new install of quicken on my computer. I had to completely re-enter all my transactions as my backup was corrupt. MY current version is R34.24. question is should I update to the R35.31. As far as I can tell my backups look good so if there is an issue I can restore my info. Really nervous to update my quicken! What are you all doing with the new release:

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I would say there is probably no reason for you to do it yet.  R35.31 is in staged release mode right now going out to a limited amount of users for the "first test", and the only fix in it is for people using Starter edition of Quicken, and as such you probably don't need this fix.  What's more you can always wait and see that no one is having problems first.

And to this question:
    What are you all doing with the new release:
    Well they released the new "Dashboard" on the Home tab view and unfortunately didn't take into account some restrictions in the Starter version, which left these users without the old Classic Dashboard, and those people would be very interested in getting it fixed as fast as possible.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    P.S.  Even though I did do this update and had no problem, with any update there is bound to be some people that have problems just because it is a new install.  But I will mention that not only should you always make good backups, these days before the backup is install they make an automatic backup in the BACKUP folder.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    I tend not to install a release until it has been made available to all users.  Many releases seem to be test releases that are staged and then paused if problems are encountered.   The latest release available to all users is R34.24 .  If you don't mind checking out a staged release and providing feedback if it has problems, then go ahead and install it.
    Quicken Deluxe Subscription; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit