Update R35.31

This update has produced a new home page (which I personally do not like) and now the program is extremely slow to load. Also seems to be much slower in downloading transactions into investment and credit card accounts. anyone else experiencing this and is there a way to go back to the previous home page view?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Unless you're using the Starter Edition, you can change your Home page view back to what it was before.
    There's a new gear icon in the upper right hand corner of the Home page view where you can turn off the Dashboard view and return to the Classic view pages.
    There also is the Edit \ Preferences \ Startup setting where you can select the Startup location.

There's been a mention by the moderators that they are looking into slow processing of Express Web Connect - connected bank accounts during One Step Update. Be patient. Try not to hit the Kill switch in Task Manager if OSU takes an extra minute or 2 per bank.

Slow to load Quicken?
    I haven't noticed anything with the new R 35.31 update, but my Quicken has always been a little slow to load. That's more because my laptop runs on an Intel Core i3 processor (not the fastest horse in the stable) and the hard drive always tends to get saturated with disk I/O requests while loading new programs and/or swapping memory pages from RAM to swap file. I'm running Windows 8.1 in 4GB RAM.
  • One Step Update no longer works, passwords are missing and Q will not allow them to be saved in One Step Update or directly in account information.
  • maxstep1
    maxstep1 Member ✭✭
    I have been having a problem with Quicken start up for about 3-4 days. Thought it was my computer, but now I wonder if it's because of 35.31. How can I back it out?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    maxstep1 said:
    I have been having a problem with Quicken start up for about 3-4 days. Thought it was my computer, but now I wonder if it's because of 35.31. How can I back it out?
    You can apply the last Mondo patch from here:
    Update and Mondo Patch: Subscription Release of Quicken for Windows

That will back you off to 35.26.  If you want to go further back you can get older ones from here:
    Reinstalling and patching your Quicken Subscription version after your membership has expired | Quicken
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/