My Quicken Suddenly Doesn't Recognize My Password!

I sign onto Quicken every day and the last time I tried to sign in (on 8/31/2021), an update happened (fairly typical) and then I was prompted to sign in. I tried to and was told that my password was invalid, which isn't true. I decided to click on "forgot password" even though I know I put in the correct one, but the link to "correct password" did not work. It took me nowhere. Now I'm stuck and I'm dependent on Quicken. I think I'm going to have to find a Quicken replacement if this situation isn't resolved and I've used Quicken for many years. What's the problem here?

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Are you talking about an unexpected problem with a data file password when either no data file password existed before or the existing data file password is no longer recognized?

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Restore your Quicken data file from an automatic backup taken by the software update process. You'll find this file in the Automatic Backup folder, typically in your \Documents\Quicken\Backup folder, dated today.
    If that doesn't work restore a Manual or Automatic Backup taken prior to the problem first occurring, if necessary going back to older backups until you find a file that does not exhibit these symptoms.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data