Contacting Customer Support

I am having trouble with a CC-501. It appears a lot of people are. You online information told to me to contact support. I get to the screen that has buttons for Call Us or Chat With Us. When I click on them absolutely nothing happens. How can I get through??

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It is correct that I am getting the error in a non-investment account. It is my mortgage payment. Up until this month it has always updated correctly. Now I do get the CC-501 error which appears to be a problem with possibly passwords. It appears that Quicken has changed how they are dealing with them. It appears are using a new Express Web Connect. It appears to not be working. What is the status? Thanks.
    Is the account in question a loan account setup for downloading?
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have to allow pop-ups from www.quicken.com in your browser. Then the Call & Chat buttons will respond.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Turn off your pop-up blocker(s) or whitelist Quicken.com.   Then when you click on those buttons they will pop up.
    Or call the telephone number at the top right of your Quicken Account screen which you can access via Quicken.com or from within Quicken at Help > My Quicken Account.
    Have you tried updating your account with Update Now (account register > upper right Gear icon > Update now)?  That will sometimes work when One Step Update does not.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R39.23 on Windows 10)
  • I have set the pop-ups for quicken.com to be allowed. Still can't get it to work. Help?
  • I will try calling the 888 number when the wait isn't as long. Thanks.
  • I do have the most current version. I let Quicken update as needed. Mine doesn't have an Update Now under the gear in the up right. I have checked with several of my accounts, etc.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited September 2021
    I do have the most current version. I let Quicken update as needed. Mine doesn't have an Update Now under the gear in the up right. I have checked with several of my accounts, etc.
    Just to make sure we are understanding each other:
    • You clicked on the Gear icon (circled in red in the picture below) and Update Now was not listed as an option in the drop-down?
    • In your Account Register are you seeing a message similar to what is highlighted in yellow in the picture below?
    Also, which Financial Institution are you having this CC-501 error code with? 
    And which kind of account (credit card, checking, savings, etc.) is it?
  • Yes. It allowed to update transactions, and numerous other items, but not Update Now.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. It allowed to update transactions, and numerous other items, but not Update Now.
    Is this what you are seeing?

This is a menu for investment accounts.  The error CC-501 implies that you are getting an error in a non investment account, which would have errors like OL-xxx.
    Signature:
  • It is correct that I am getting the error in a non-investment account. It is my mortgage payment. Up until this month it has always updated correctly. Now I do get the CC-501 error which appears to be a problem with possibly passwords. It appears that Quicken has changed how they are dealing with them. It appears are using a new Express Web Connect. It appears to not be working. What is the status? Thanks.
  • Boatnmaniac
    OK, I think you just answered the 1st and 4th questions I asked.  Having "Update Transactions" but not "Update Now" in the drop-down for the Gear icon means your account must be an investment account.  Am I correct?
    With a little more information maybe we can get your issue resolved:
    We are starting to make some progress toward getting your issue resolved but a little more information is needed:
    1. Which connection method do you the account have set up?  (See the yellow highlighted message...Express Web Connect, Direct Connect or Web Connect?)
    2. Which Financial Institution are you having this CC-501 error code with?
    3. If this is an investment account:  Is it a retirement account or some other non-taxable account (and which kind) or a taxable brokerage account?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It is correct that I am getting the error in a non-investment account. It is my mortgage payment. Up until this month it has always updated correctly. Now I do get the CC-501 error which appears to be a problem with possibly passwords. It appears that Quicken has changed how they are dealing with them. It appears are using a new Express Web Connect. It appears to not be working. What is the status? Thanks.
    Is the account in question a loan account setup for downloading?
    Signature:
  • Yes it is. Like I said earlier, it worked great until this month.
  • Mine said Express Web Connect Last Download on Aug. 21, 2021 at 6:45 am. My loan is through FirstBank (all one word). It is not an investment account. It is my home mortgage (actually a refinance).
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is. Like I said earlier, it worked great until this month.
    Well that explains the different "Update" menu selection.  Downloading of loan accounts isn't like any other kind of downloading, and it is restricted to using only Express Web Connect.

Given that then I would say at this point the only things you can do is "wait" (there seems to be a lot of CC-501 problems with different financial institutions lately, and they might be working on it) OR contact Quicken Support to see what they say.
    Signature:
  • That is part of the problem, I have tried contacting Quicken Support directly via Call Us or Chat With Us and the buttons do nothing. They do change to a 'hand icon'. I have also made sure that Popups are allowed for quicken.com. It is a little frustrating. Just so you know, I started working on computers back in 1973 on an Intel 4040 (4-bit) processor. I do know a little about how computers work.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I saw that, did you try that 888 number?  (Note I believe for Premier and above they give a number in your Quicken.com account.)
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    BTW what is the financial institution?
    Because here is another thread with a CC-501 error for a loan account:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7898437/cc-501-cc501-error-with-phh-mortgage
    Signature:
  • Mine is through FirstBank (all one word). Quicken worked fine for several months. The errors started after August 21 if that helps. (see above for further info)
  • Yes they do, but I assume there are closed up Tuesday. If you know different please let me know.