Quicken 2004 Version [UK]

pamitalia
pamitalia Member
I have recently converted from Windows 8 to Windows 10, and the Quicken Program opens perfectly.
However, in the date field when entering a transaction it only shows 09/21 instead of 4/9/21.
If you try to change the date, you get an invalid message - PLEASE ENTER A VALID DATE.

Hope you can help

Regards Peter

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken uses the Windows date format, make sure it is for mmddyyyy.
    Also, is the column wide enough to show the full date?
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • You can't adjust the column in Quicken like you can in Excel as far as I know. I have the UK version which is ddmmyy. Any other ideas ?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    pamitalia said:
    You can't adjust the column in Quicken like you can in Excel as far as I know. I have the UK version which is ddmmyy. Any other ideas ?
    Not being a UK 2004 user, I am only spitballing here, but hover the mouse over the line separating the date field from the next column to the right in the HEADER.  If it turns into a double-ended arrow, click and hold to drag it to the right.  You might need to make room by making the other columns smaller.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Thanks for your help - but have solved the problem - I changed the date format in windows 10 and quicken couldnt understand it - Changed it back to 04/09/21 format and now is working .
    Thanks for your help Regards Peter