Totally Web based program

Hi, I’m wondering if it will come to be that I will not need a hard drive to use quicken?
Quicken is literally the only reason I need a PC. My laptop is becoming antiquated and and I have not desire to replace it — except, that I need a hard drive for QUICKEN.
What does my future look like?
5 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • fsulli6
    fsulli6 Member ✭✭
    As noted, a version is already available. More and more, the software on your hard-drive is mainly for security and backup with a web-like user interface.

Personally, I think you will see almost all software eventually go to a web-based version and Software as a Service payment schedules.
  • I am in the same position as the OP. Is the Simplifi version a web-based version as robust as my Deluxe Version? I'm looking for the ability to import my 20+ years of data and be able to use Quicken at the web level, across more than one laptop. Is that currently possible?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    I suspect that you are correct and that in the future we will not need (or be able to) cling to our "hard drives" even though we do so principally for data security purposes.  However, as for me, they will need to pry my hard drive from my cold dead hands...

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I am in the same position as the OP. Is the Simplifi version a web-based version as robust as my Deluxe Version? I'm looking for the ability to import my 20+ years of data and be able to use Quicken at the web level, across more than one laptop. Is that currently possible?
    You will have to abandon your 20+ data.  Simplifi doesn't import from a Quicken data file.  So your history will start from whatever the financial institutions send for the first download, typically 90 days.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • SRC1954
    SRC1954 Member ✭✭
    I too would like Quicken to be web based for the reasons listed above. PCs and Macs are more than people need today. The only old style software I use now is Quicken, and I would like to replace my MAC next time with an iPad Pro. So I would like to see an option that I can use the apps with the web. I also like the Dashboard on the Web although there are some quirks I don't quite understand that I need to address somewhere.
    Steve
    Quicken Since 2009
    MS Money 1991-2009
  • garysmith87
    garysmith87 Member ✭✭✭✭
    SimpliFi by Quicken is an entirely web based app.  
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I tried Simplifi when it first was avail - it really is for those folks that just want a very basic accounting of their financial accounts.  It really is sad that Quicken as a company didn't structure Simplifi to accept any kind of input from their Quicken desktop software.   
    I also tried the YNAB web based software, but again, it was just very simple register based stuff for "budgeting".
    I have both Quicken desktop and Turbotax desktop -
    not for the security aspect, but more for the robust features that each can be jammed with as a software product vs a web based application. 
    QWin Deluxe Subscription - Win10