not sure if this is right place, but lately my quicken will not load properly

Options
i have had other fish to fry the last few months and have not been updating quicken on a regular basis. it used to ask to update quicken accounts on a regular basis, but lately has not done so when i log into my computer. quicken does boot up with a gray background, tells me one of my credit card accounts is over the limit, which always happens, then it asks to enter password, but the gray background always is present and quicken just locks up and i have to control alt delete. every time.

i tried downloading and installing the latest mondo patch, to no avail. since it is a holiday today, labor day, i cannot call for support. any ideas on what to do, it has given me problems before and support would help me.

i have years of data here.

any ideas?

i don't know how replies are handled, do i get an email through my email account?

Best Answer

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It sounds as if your Quicken installation is hosed. I would suggest signing on to quicken.com and redownload the Quicken installer. Launching the installer will remove the existing installation and reinstall a clean copy. This should get you to where you can at least access your data file.
    You may also have a corrupted data file as Ctrl-Alt-Del to exit can damage the file. Once you can access the data file, you should validate. File>Validate and Repair File.

Answers

• chickenman
    chickenman Member ✭✭
    Options
    looking elsewhere, they say they would like to know version date, etc. i do not know because i can never get beyond opening quicken, it stays grayed out and nothing ever develops. i have opened quicken and let it sit for hours, thinking it was trying to complete loading. have to go to task manager and kill it. it gives no explanation of why it does this. my subscription is up to date. can anyone help?
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It sounds as if your Quicken installation is hosed. I would suggest signing on to quicken.com and redownload the Quicken installer. Launching the installer will remove the existing installation and reinstall a clean copy. This should get you to where you can at least access your data file.
    You may also have a corrupted data file as Ctrl-Alt-Del to exit can damage the file. Once you can access the data file, you should validate. File>Validate and Repair File.
  • chickenman
    chickenman Member ✭✭
    Options
    i tried downloading and installing the latest mondo patch. no luck, am trying to get help from quicken over the phone. quicken boots up but goes gray
  • chickenman
    chickenman Member ✭✭
    Options
    i was able to get ahold of quicken and they helped me get quicken up and running. they said the backup file was corrupted. thank you for your help and interest. i have another priblem after reloading that i think i will jusy backup from my latest backup to try to cure. otherwise i may be back here again. tyvm
This discussion has been closed.