Syncing w/ Quicken Web & Mobile App

I have experienced and have seen a number of folks having problems syncing their desktop data w/ the Quicken Web and the Mobile app. Folks have described a variety of issues, primarily centered on the web and mobile app not reflecting the full set of desktop data and/or incorrect values from what's contained on the desktop.

My particular problems center around inconsistent syncing across accounts resulting in missing transactions or entirely missing accounts even though the account was selected to be sync w/ the mobile app.

I've tried to resolve these problems by erasing or resetting the cloud data, renaming the Quicken datafile and other suggestions provided by the Quicken support team. Despite that, these problems always seem to resurface after a couple of syncs.

One thing I've noticed is that account type designated in the desktop does not always match the account type displayed on the Quicken Web. For example, my investment accounts are typed as "Other" on the Quicken Web. These have been the most problematic accounts and I wonder if the account type mismatch has something to do w/ the unpredictable and inconsistent outcomes for these accounts when syncing. Sometimes they sync, many times they don't, and many times they don't even show up on the Quicken Web or Mobile App.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for resolving this problem?

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @back2jack

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your mobile sync. How many accounts are you trying to sync? Is it any specific accounts that are having the issues? Are there any account types? It seems like your investments might be the biggest issue.

One thing that I would recommend is trying to sync the accounts in bunches. This way you're able to add accounts and check to see if they sync properly. This should help us figure out where exactly we might be having issues. 

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know what you find.  From there we'll better understand our next steps/options.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• SJMD
    SJMD Member
    edited September 2021
    I have had the exact same issue since mid August (I have been a Quicken user for over 30 years with no issues and have always had Quicken Bill Pay, check pay and now Quick Pay along with transaction download and synch)[Removed-Speculation/Disruptive] I have tried to delete all web accounts and started over with a new test file with several of the Quicken reps that have tried to help restore the sych process for me but each time it has failed and the reps finally admit that something is wrong and to try the whole process over again in 24-48 hrs since they state that maybe the web process in experiencing issues, but each time I try to re-synch it corrupts my account and I have to start over again. Now today I see the Quicken sold their product again to a private equity firm, so here we go again!
  • SJMD
    SJMD Member
    edited September 2021
    [removed - off-topic]
This discussion has been closed.