Problems with recent update

The recent update (R35.31) seems to have corrupted my application. I have blank entries and when I try to add entries they don't save. I have restarted my computer and reinstalled the program. Has anyone else experienced these issues and what did you do to fix them?

Comments

• DJPJ
    DJPJ Member ✭✭
    I have Quicken Deluxe for Windows, with an update to version R35.31. I cannot enter transactions as they will not save!
  • DJPJ
    DJPJ Member ✭✭
    I spent an hour on line in Chat yesterday, after opening Quicken Deluxe and finding that Transactions would not save. The kind woman had me download a patch: QW27.1.34.24MPatch.exe. When I try to open it, it freezes and crashes, after displaying that it is updated Investment transactions. IF it does not crash, which it did twice, it freezes with a small Row of FILE-EDIT, etc. This is truly a disturbing and frustrating situation. EVEN RESTORING an old BACK-UP fails and nothing happened. Now, I cannot even get to the level of opening my accounts as it is not proceeding from that Frozen screen. I am totally concerned that this will not be fixed and I am talking over a DECADE of data. I sure hope that someone can help me get things done, so that I CAN go forward with Deluxe and not abandon Quicken altogether. To say the least, I am a Quicken Addict and I am in the early stages of Withdrawal.
  • DJPJ
    DJPJ Member ✭✭
    Please reference 8836994 which is my Case Number and I am awaiting a call and my phone is on. It is 4:24am Pac time and I hope to have Quicken back up this morning before 9am as I am going to work out at that time. Thanks for any help that can be offered.

DJ
  • DJPJ
    DJPJ Member ✭✭
    OK, I worked with Maria. This is what we did: we went to a MUCH older Backup file....I am diligent in Backing up. that file loaded. We also chose my DESKTOP to save that file (copied to Desktop) and then I have SAVED the data on my desktop (backed it up as well on an external USB Thumb drive). I will resurrect my transactions and re-reconcile my Credit Card accounts, etc.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @CEvans

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the recent update of Quicken. It sounds like the patch may have not installed properly. The first thing I would recommend is trying to see if with a Mondo patch we might be able to resolve the issue you're having. I'll leave an article down below on how to do so.

Update and Mondo Patch: Subscription Release of Quicken for Windows

Once you get a chance to try these steps, please let us know if you're still having the issue. From there we'll see what our next steps are.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• SantaFeTom
    SantaFeTom Member ✭✭
    I just hit the road with my Microsoft Surface. When I started Quicken, it applied the latest update. Quicken now is basically not functional. I cannot get accounts to download transactions, account passwords aren't saved, accounts have most information missing, etc., etc. I cannot even create a new Quicken file. It asks for the file name and then tells me it cannot find the file! Duh, it is a new file so of course it can't be found. Luckily I have extensive data file backups but they are at home. My home PC had no problems with Quicken on 9/4/2021 but I do not know if the PC Quicken was updated. I have never seen so many problems created by an update of any software I have ever owned. I will keep plugging away with things suggested but it looks like I am dead in the water until I get home. To be complete honest, my Surface is running the latest Beta of Windows 11 Pro but I have not had any problems with other software.
  • SantaFeTom
    SantaFeTom Member ✭✭
    I found the solution. All issues were caused by Windows Defender protected folders and ransomware protection. qw.exe needs to be allowed through these these protection mechanisms.
  • SantaFeTom
    SantaFeTom Member ✭✭
    PS. Windows 11 focus assist was blocking notifications that qw.exe was blocked. Focus assist has now been turned off.
This discussion has been closed.