Quicken says" A wizard will guide you" but it doesn't show.

I have transferred a brokerage acct. with multiple "Removed" entries. But Q says needs additional info and a "guide" will be provided. BUT NOTHING happens?

Comments

• DeepDiver
    DeepDiver Member ✭✭
    I tried to copy/paste the actual response by Q didn't allow that??? WHY?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @DeepDiver,

Can you tell us which brokerage account you've recently transferred to?  Also, when you say "with multiple 'Removed' entries" are you saying that you performed a manual "transfer" of securities in your Quicken file to effect the move to a new brokerage, or did something else trigger these entries.  If it is something you performed, can you tell us the steps that you went through?

Also which version of Quicken are you running?

Get back to us and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Quicken needs you to specify which lots or portions there of were removed (same thing happens with a sell).
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • DeepDiver
    DeepDiver Member ✭✭
    edited September 2021
    [Removed-Speculation] In the process of xfring my late wifes assets multiple errors occurred re "Removal" and "Added" holdings. Very disappointed. Now trying to straighten out the mess.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    DeepDiver said:
    [Removed-Speculation] In the process of xfring my late wifes assets multiple errors occurred re "Removal" and "Added" holdings. Very disappointed. Now trying to straighten out the mess.
    When anyone deletes a transaction they need to be very careful that they in fact want to delete it, because there is of course ramifications.  The case of transferring securities on the other hand from one account to another is really something different.  Given that the user uses the built in functions for that and not try deleting/adding on their own it should do the right thing, but of course there can always be bugs in such processes.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeepDiver said:
    I have transferred a brokerage acct. with multiple "Removed" entries. 
    Frankly, I don't know what that means.  Please clarify what happened in the real world and what you did in Quicken to emulate that.
    But Q says needs additional info and a "guide" will be provided. BUT NOTHING happens?
    At what point, where in your actions, is Quicken saying this?

I tried to copy/paste the actual response by Q didn't allow that??? WHY?
    Are you saying this forum (which is not really the Quicken program), didn't allow it.  Again, what did you actually do?  How did you make a copy?  How did you try to paste it into this forum?  How did it get 'not allowed'?

This discussion has been closed.