Language change for invoice forms

Lello: I would like to know if it is possbile to [email protected] invoice forms to have invoice in french or english. Currently i cannot change in the fomrs some element suchas subtotal which is english.

Ideally can we have different invoices some in french and some in english and pushing my luck based on customer preferrence i could send an invoice in french or englishé
4 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken currently only supports English (and that is unlikely to change).
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited September 2021
    In the form designer, you can customize invoice forms and change all standard invoice labels except Subtotal and Total, as I think you've already discovered.    Yes, you can save-off invoice layout versions in the layout pulldown. Image.

So, if Quicken (via development) can make Subtotal and Total labels editable, you might be in good shape to fully rename the invoice English labels to French or any language or label.   

I haven't looked at how this change might manifest itself in other parts of the business tab but suspect you are only interested in the client facing stuff.  

First, try creating an IDEA post here:  https://community.quicken.com/categories/product-ideas and describe your need and reference this thread.   NOTE: This idea should be written to focus on making the  invoice label editable and not a full-on French language version!   You might get lucky with a future change, or not.

Second, try printing the partially custom invoice to PDF and edit in Adobe or possibly in Word.  Perhaps a workaround albeit not the desired solution...

My comments here are from a USA Quicken HBR perspective. Are you using Quicken CAD version?   Last note:  Do a KW search in the community, there seems to be a number of interesting posts regarding French usage in Quicken. Might be useful.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if the Invoice Forms Designer were changed to include editable fields for "Subtotal", "Total" and "Balance due", the language barrier could be overcome because one could now create a custom invoice template for a foreign language with fields and column titles using the foreign language.
    P.S.: This change should be applied to both the US and the Canadian versions.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Vote on Ideas!

A Community Moderator changed this discussion to an Idea.
    Ideas are brought to the attention of the programmers for consideration.

Everyone, including the person who initiated this discussion …
    If you would like to see this change made in a hopefully not too distant future version of Quicken please don't forget to vote on it. Locate the big yellow box near the top of this webpage (or page 1 for long discussions) and click the "Up" triangle under the voting count.

Wait a moment for the vote count to be registered and updated before you continue.
    The little triangle changes from black to grey when you have registered your vote.
    Adding extra comments helps, but does not automatically increment the vote count.

Every vote counts!

For additional information about idea posts please read  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7849425/creating-and-voting-for-ideas-in-the-community#latest