Quicken will not connect with Fidelity. Error code OL-297-A

Error code OL-297-A is persistent when trying to update from Fidelity. Other financial institutions are working fine. Support article from Quicken is of no assistance.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken
    Please provide the full name of the financial institution: open the account register and press Ctrl + Shift + E

For what it may be worth, I had no difficulties with Fidelity Investments and Fidelity NetBenefits a few minutes ago.
  • VT57
    VT57 Member
    Version R35.31 Build 27.1.35.31, Fidelity Invesments
  • VT57
    VT57 Member
    Just got the error again
  • VT57
    VT57 Member
    Morgan Stanley & my local bank update fine
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @VT57

Thank you for providing those additional details.  May I also ask, are you using a VPN when connecting?

If so, please temporarily disable the VPN and attempt to connect with Fidelity once again, does the OL-297 error still persist?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • VT57
    VT57 Member
    I am not using a VPN
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    OK, if not a VPN, please describe your connection path from Q to Fidelity ... because I've had no problem with Fido either using an ethernet connection from the computer to the modem to the comcast network.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • VT57
    VT57 Member
    Connection is: Laptop to mesh Wi-Fi, mesh Wi-Fi to cable modem via Ethernet, then to Comcast. I’ll try hooking laptop to modem via Ethernet cable.
  • VT57
    VT57 Member
    No Ethernet port on laptop and no usb-to-Ethernet adapter. So, migrated to another computer (on the same mesh Wi-Fi) and tried a Fidelity update (just because) - it worked fine. Issue would then appear to be a setting or two in the laptop. Will use the two computer approach as an interim solution while debugging. Thanks for suggestions along the way.
This discussion has been closed.