Reconcile Reminders

Is there a way to set a reminder to reconcile an account on the same day every month?

I know I can add a "note" on my calendar, but is there some field on an account detail that says "Statement Date" that by filling it in, it will pop a reminder to download the statement and reconcile the account?

If there isn't there should be. Would be very helpful.
4 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    I suggest using a manual income reminder.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe most financial institutions these days allow for e-mail "alerts" when various things occur, like use of a credit card when you were "not present", (e.g., making purchases on the internet), or if your balance is above or below some dollar amount you select, or when a new statement is available.   You might see if your financial institution has this feature.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like this feature also. I suggested it a long time ago, probably in an earlier forum. I recently missed a credit card payment because the bill was lost in the mail. I'll ask to turn this into an Idea.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Hello @Marshall A,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your request.

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

-Quicken Anja
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we're at it, wouldn't also be a good idea to have Quicken fix the last reconcile date bug that has existed for many years so that when we look at the Account List, we know when an account was actually last reconciled?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    While we're at it, wouldn't also be a good idea to have Quicken fix the last reconcile date bug that has existed for many years so that when we look at the Account List, we know when an account was actually last reconciled?
    R 37.67 ... the 'last reconcile date' in the Account List seems to be working well for me.
    I would like this feature also. I suggested it a long time ago, probably in an earlier forum. I recently missed a credit card payment because the bill was lost in the mail. I'll ask to turn this into an Idea.
    If you use a Scheduled Reminder for making the payment, this could have been avoided.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15
    UKR said:
    Rocket J Squirrel said:
    If you use a Scheduled Reminder for making the payment, this could have been avoided.
    Well, yes. That's what this Idea is about, adding a proper Reconcile Reminder to QWin.
    This would be pretty simple. When the reminder fires, it just puts up a dialog
    Account "Rocket's Visa" is due to be reconciled. Reconcile now?
                  [Reconcile]          [Later]          [Cancel]
    and the dialog would appear again daily until reconciled or cancelled.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Chuck B
    Chuck B Member ✭✭
    I was thinking about this lately and thought an icon (like the new activity flag) or having the account name in a bold or different color would be helpful. Of course, not all accounts can be reconciled, but allowing me to request a reminder every 30 days, 3 months, etc would be great for checking, loans or securities accounts.
  • Chuck B
    Chuck B Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello @Marshall A,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your request.
    >
    > I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).
    >
    >
    >
    > Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.
    >
    > Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

The link to the idea you created doesn't work
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chuck B said:
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello @Marshall A,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community with your request.
    >
    > I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).
    > Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.
    >
    > Please, be sure to add your own vote as well.

The link to the idea you created doesn't work
    What link? The discussion you are reading is the Idea, after it was changed by a moderator. There is no separate post.
    Please don't forget to vote by clicking the grey ▴ under the vote count at the very top of this webpage.