Why does Find/Replace update Memorized Payee List when option is turned off?

Under Preferences the option is turned off. Updating a transaction one-at-a-time does not create a Memorized Payee record. When multiple tranactions for the same payee are updated via Find/Replace option it adds records to the Memorized Payee List.

Anyone have a solution or is the an Intuit programming/coding error?

Answers

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @LHGoldstein

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, although I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your memorized payees. I'd like to take a further look at the issue you're having. If you could I get a screenshot of your payee settings so that I can see if  I can replicate the issue as well. I'll leave an article down below on how to do so.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows#latest

Once you get the chance please let me know more and I'll take a look to see what I can find. 

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• LHGoldstein
    LHGoldstein Member ✭✭
    The Memorized Payee options are turned off. There are two in Preferences - tuen them off - shut down Quicken - restart Quicken - pick a Payee that is not in the Payee List - make a change to the payee using Find/Replace - go to Memorized Payee List,- you will the that the program has added all of the changes reodsxto the list. It is that simple. Do not understand why you need a screenshot of the settings when I explained they are TURNED OFF.
This discussion has been closed.