After every change it flickers and jumps to investment/portfolio home screen

Windows 10, R33.7, downloaded the mondo patch, helped a little.
Every little change, like modifying Category, adding something in Memo. it flickers 7 to 10 times and bounces to investment/portfolio home screen. Very annoying and slows me down.

Answers

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Ennie

Thank you for reaching out to Quicken Community. I apologize you are having this issue. To better assist you I wanted to clarify, is version R33.7 after implementing the mondo patch? Also, do you have any antivirus software installed (apart from Windows Defender)?

Please elaborate, once more information is obtained we can move forward in diagnosing the issue at hand. 

-Quicken Paloma 
  • Ennie
    Ennie Member
    thank-you for getting back to me so quickly. In my help/about menu, i am currently running the Canadian Version 33.7, i read other discussions and downloading the mondo patch was suggested, which i have (https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/CAN3955ASD13/QWCA27.1.33.7MPatch.EXE?_ics=1631471331991&irclickid=~7uztYtcyOEt.Dsmic82YRIBxnoef876XPIzwpg-7Y). I do run the Norton 360 antivirus, and my data is in the D drive.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    > my data is in the D drive.
    Just to clarify ... is your D - drive an internal hard drive or SSD drive?
    External USB or network - connected drives are not supported as the location of the active Quicken data file, but can be used to store backups.
    What kind of monitor do you have? Standard laptop monitor, standard desktop monitor, 4k-hi res monitor, multiple monitors?
    What's the screen resolution?
    Are you using either View / Use large Fonts or have you set up Windows to display text at 125% or greater magnification?
  • Ennie
    Ennie Member
    My C is a SSD, but i place my Data on the D: internal hard drive. It's fast, i have most of my data there. I also use quickbooks (data in cloud), so i am not sure if there is a conflict between quicken and quickbooks. The laptop monitor is a 15 inch using the IdeaPad Flex-15IWL i7-8565U 1.8GHz, 16GB ram with a Nvidia Geforce MX230 ( it is a fast machine and no issue with my other softwares). The laptop display at recommended setting 1980x1080, font at 125%, 60 Hz; the extended monitor HDMI cable HP 27fw, at recommended setting 1980x1080, font at 100%.
    A possibility is Data slightly corrupted. Was a cdn version of quicken, last year i used the data in a USA Quicken but wasn't able to download my cdn data. This year I went back to cdn. Data seems fine, is there a way to check data integrity?
    You are invited to login with Teamviewer.
    Thank-you
  • Ennie
    Ennie Member
    I finally fixed my own problem, it's working much better. The old version of quicken (older than 10 years) use to update my investments stock price. Was a beautiful feature and downloaded from my RBC direct investment. Really don't understand why this feature was removed.
    Therefore i deleted all my investment portfolio and stocks and kept only the indexes and 5 stocks. Seems every change i make in my banking or credit card, program flickered a dozen times and jump to investment/portfolio home screen. This weekend i eliminated all indexes and stocks, so there will be nothing to update. But as soon as you go to tools and delete the 4 Indexes (it seems to automatically add them back). Therefore you need to exit the program.
    Log back in and voila. However, if i go back on the investment tab, it will automatically re-add the 4 indexes and the problem starts again.